Home Charger

Vipar

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I am awaiting delivery of a ZS LR I want to have a wall charger at home is the Ohme one satisfactory? Or would you recommend another I want it to be tethered.

I do long runs. 200 miles about every 3 weeks other than that it is pottering around town.

Also waiting (not holding breath) for the ZS through Motability. I was contacted by Ohme about 2 weeks ago to start the installation process. It's being installed on the 4th February which is way quicker than I thought. It will be decorative for some time methinks.:(

Likewise awaiting ZS delivery. We are having an Ohme charger fitted on Wednesday this week. Decided needed to get done before grant stopped. £550 fitted, although dealer is paying for it as part of the deal.

We have a 2018 Leaf at the moment but have managed on a 3pin for nearly 2 years. 7kw will be a revelation!

Can you apply for the grant just on the fact you have placed an order for an EV then ?.
No VIN or registration numbers available of course !.
I don’t need a box installing right now, but I have to say, that I do like the unit from Hypervolt !.

Can you apply for the grant just on the fact you have placed an order for an EV then ?.
No VIN or registration numbers available of course !.
I don’t need a box installing right now, but I have to say, that I do like the unit from Hypervolt !.
The OLEV form just needs an order number I think. I have ordered on the back of I already have an EV

Attachments

• 20220124_144958.jpg
    20220124_144958.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 134
I ordered my zappie charger before I got the car. I just had to show the garage order form with the deposit paid.

Yes, the main Ozev grant stops at the end of March. Not sure if that also applies to the extra £250 from the Energy Savings Trust for those of us in Scotland.

Some incoming mains cable goes to one house then to another rather than having it's own direct supply, this means the power is shared so will most likely be on a 60A fuse

I have gone for the ohme Pro
But still waiting for my house to be un looped it's happening on the 2nd February at least it don't cost anything

Our electricity supply was on a looped supply with two neighbouring houses & only 60amp. Good job we have good neighbours as it was a big upheaval in our garden & their gardens.
The DNO upgraded ours to a 100amp supply.

Yiwcckml.jpg

Yvhi2wql.jpg

1HfJCpll.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom