• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

How to set up mg iSMART on a 2022 mg5 ev

powg

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just that… the video says I should get a configure button on the car into screen on start up. But I don’t seem to have that option? So how do I bind the app to the car?

Yup, iSmart is not available here due to data protection laws (I think). There is a version supposed to be coming next year? after SAIC made a deal to use Amazon's servers for the data.

At the moment, no UK model has the hardware to run iSmart so it will not work even if you could download the software.

Yup, iSmart is not available here due to data protection laws (I think). There is a version supposed to be coming next year? after SAIC made a deal to use Amazon's servers for the data.

At the moment, no UK model has the hardware to run iSmart so it will not work even if you could download the software.

New MG5 EV Long Range | Electric Estate Car 2022 MG5 has iSmart, so does the 2021 ZS.

Check out the front of the car we don't have these in the UK yet.

I thought MG5 2022 had started deliveries. I am probably wrong there.

Although the comment about no UK model having the hardware and the data protection stuff is wrong. The MG ZS which is being delivered in the UK does have iSmart. A deal with AWS makes sense as it has Amazon Music baked into it.

I had spoken to the dealer and they said they think there will be an update for the mg5 just like the old zs so it be similar to ismart

I thought it was something to do with the chipset used in the 5 being different to the ZS and the facelift version will have the same as the ZS...

Well I'm going on what the dealer told me and I think it and hope it happens 🙏

Although the comment about no UK model having the hardware and the data protection stuff is wrong. The MG ZS which is being delivered in the UK does have iSmart. A deal with AWS makes sense as it has Amazon Music baked into it.

That would be 'no current mg5 UK models have ismart capability' . They lack the hardware as it was not UK/EU data protection law compliant. Its not present and turned off.

The face-lift ZS does, and the face-lift 5 will do when it lands in the UK. Calling it a 2022 model is somewhat misleading as beyond a few demo vehicles most customers won't see one until early 23.

The lack of hardware in the pre-face-lift models will mean the chances of app functionality being retroactively enabled is extremely unlikely if not impossible.

Half the issue is that the press keep regurgitating articles written for other regions and this is very misleading and the reason people keep coming to the forum asking the same question.

Assumption was MG5 model, this being the MG5 forum and the question being about an MG5. :)

Zs and 4 can use the ismart software

As I said before expect a update like they did for early zs so have something similar to ismart

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom