Indicator bulb upgrades to LED

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have already upgraded the reversing bulbs to LED, the originals were a bit wimpy.
I'm thinking of upgrading the indicators all round as they too are a bit weedy and not helped by the lens area being small, and possibly while I've got covers off the stop lamps.
Sizes are in the manual but I was hoping someone out there may have already done this and could recommend any bulbs especially re canbus and perhaps have a view as to whether they think it was worth it.

I have already upgraded the reversing bulbs to LED, the originals were a bit wimpy.
I'm thinking of upgrading the indicators all round as they too are a bit weedy and not helped by the lens area being small, and possibly while I've got covers off the stop lamps.
Sizes are in the manual but I was hoping someone out there may have already done this and could recommend any bulbs especially re canbus and perhaps have a view as to whether they think it was worth it.
Here is an interesting comparison video, in which the second owner switched back from LED’s to standard fit lamps ??.
Thought you may like to give it a view ??.

Thanks for that, interesting.
I was specifically thinking though of only changing the stop lamps and the indicators, front and back as the rear/tail lights are LED as standard on the MG5 so no need to touch those.

I replaced the reversing lights and brake lights, the former for increased brightness and the latter for increased reliability. I haven't changed the indicator bulbs.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom