MG4 Infotainment Cycling Between Screens

the briggie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Until software update or otherwise resolves this issue two options from members that have worked in the meantime

1. Go to the radio section and select a DAB station.

2. Factory reset from settings.

It can sometimes cure itself temporarily, beyond that hardware replacement appears to be the next step

Last edited:
A couple of short videos of the screen behavior for reference.

ScreenCycling.gif

Factory reset worked for me took a bit of perseverance to select the menu etc with the screen flipping around.
Settings tile from the right screen, system then Restore to factory settings and accept.
Then needed to set all my preferences again.

Yes this is the exact issue we had on Sunday. It fixed itself on my wife's drive to work on Monday. She said it reset itself and spoke the welcome greeting.

Welcome greeting?
In the infotainment settings you can add greetings that play when you start the car. "Have a nice drive" etc. Whatever you want. It's kind of a pointless feature imo but I had it enabled to see how it worked. The fact the greeting played suggests an infotainment reset of some sort happened though without any intervention from my wife.

i've had this issue from the beginning (Oct 5th). Happens on a regular basis, sometimes a reset works sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it just fixes itself. Had a software update to R30, makes no difference to this fault. Now booked in for a Infotainment screen replacement next week.

i've had this issue from the beginning (Oct 5th). Happens on a regular basis, sometimes a reset works sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it just fixes itself. Had a software update to R30, makes no difference to this fault. Now booked in for a Infotainment screen replacement next week.
Same as mine, awaiting new screen. Sounds like its a hardware issue than a software.

Happened again to us this morning and is stuck cycling between screens again 😡

Getting the feeling there is going to be lots of time back and forth to dealer over next few months. It won’t be til the New Year though now.

Just had this happen to my Trophy for the first time today after almost 2k miles. Tried resetting the infotainment screen to no effect, will have to try the other "fixes" above if it's still like it in the morning.

I've had this problem at least once a week since Oct 5th. I've found no fix, other than that it will just fix itself. MG have advised a replacement head unit that was due this week, but I've been pushed back. Hopefully yours will just fix itself tomorrow

Mine is doing it every other day now and just doing a factory reset each time as if I dont, cant get to the HVAC controls. Still no sign of new Screen (Head Unit) from dealer who are chasing MG for it but looks like they are not in any hurry to help out!! My screen has been on order 4 weeks now??

Last edited:
Mine was still doing this today, selecting a DAB station which fixed it for now. I vaguely remember the DAB stopping and losing the setting before it started. 100% agree that this is likely to be software and not the infotainment unit.

Mine was still doing this today, selecting a DAB station which fixed it for now. I vaguely remember the DAB stopping and losing the setting before it started. 100% agree that this is likely to be software and not the infotainment unit.
Never tried that before, so did your radio still work? as mine did not. In fact my radio often freezes and a soft reset to the screen sometimes fixes it.

Never tried that before, so did your radio still work? as mine did not. In fact my radio often freezes and a soft reset to the screen sometimes fixes it.
My radio was not working while it was cycling between screens, it had switched to another band from DAB. Selecting a DAB station has fixed it for now. Sometimes my DAB cuts out due to a weak signal, but this was different as it completely altered the radio settings.

Had call from Dealer and my new head unit is with them, just arranging a day this week to fit.
Lets see if this solves the screens jumping and Radio issues?
Will keep you updated.
Are you able to check your current infotainment software version to compare with the new one?

Are you able to check your current infotainment software version to compare with the new one?
Mine was the R30 I assume the new head unit will just get updated to that one and any new patches? I believe they think its related to the DAB radio unit in the head unit as if on start up of Infotainment loading the software is not connecting to the Radio and this is causing a break in the loading up and then the screens go into cycling mode, hence trying a new screen.
Thats the dealer Tech's thoughts and MG have agreed to send new head unit to try.
My unit also has the drowsiness system in fault permanently so again head unit not recognising the camera etc...
Booked in for Thursday morning. Fingers crossed!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 484 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back