• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Infotainment system update, when and how?

TonyD

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Ok all, so does anyone know if there are plans to upgrade or do something with the infotainment system?

lets be honest the system is absolutely crap! Both my wife and I have the phev executive so over 30k each car , the Apple CarPlay keeps shutting down, the sat nav doesn’t do what it says on the tin, (try getting it to show you / warn you about speed cameras!), when you do have Apple play working the volume difference between audible and the radio is huge so when the iPhone is unplugged and the radio volume kicks in and blows your ears off!

Im almost at the point of getting a stick on phone mount and mounting my iPhone infront of the infotainment screen!

Ok all, so does anyone know if there are plans to upgrade or do something with the infotainment system?

lets be honest the system is absolutely crap! Both my wife and I have the phev executive so over 30k each car , the Apple CarPlay keeps shutting down, the sat nav doesn’t do what it says on the tin, (try getting it to show you / warn you about speed cameras!), when you do have Apple play working the volume difference between audible and the radio is huge so when the iPhone is unplugged and the radio volume kicks in and blows your ears off!

Im almost at the point of getting a stick on phone mount and mounting my iPhone infront of the infotainment screen!
Regarding volume difference, there is an option called auto volume level, does it help balance the volume when switching audio source? Have you tried it?
When you mention issues with speed cameras, are you referring to built in sat navigation?
Regarding apple car play instability, there was a he phev infotainment update which was discussed on the podcast a few back. It was meant to improve stability of hs phev infotainment. This is something you might want to follow up on your next visit to the dealers.

Regarding volume difference, there is an option called auto volume level, does it help balance the volume when switching audio source? Have you tried it?
When you mention issues with speed cameras, are you referring to built in sat navigation?
Regarding apple car play instability, there was a he phev infotainment update which was discussed on the podcast a few back. It was meant to improve stability of hs phev infotainment. This is something you might want to follow up on your next visit to the dealers.
Hi Leo,
thanks for the info, I’ll give the volume settings ago this morning to see if it helps the switch over. The issue with the speed cameras is with the built in sat nav.
Ill get the car booked in for the update however having only had it for a few weeks I would have thought it would have been dispatched with the latest version of any firmware.

Which podcast?

My previous car 2017 Outlander had volume difference between CarPlay and infotainment.
CarPkay also used to cut out on Outlander.

Try using standard stock iPhone cable. I’m using CarPlay wireless activator and it works perfectly. I leave infotainment on DAB to not damage my ears when starting the car 🤪

So, having looked at the responses regarding the speed camera on the installed satnav. I can confirm the Satnav does have them however as mentioned I cannot get them to show..

Attachments

• 1698F521-5775-4E2D-9161-5DABEF2FF8D8.jpeg
    1698F521-5775-4E2D-9161-5DABEF2FF8D8.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 681

Totally agree it does not warn me of any speed devices but it says on in all the setting .
It's way to late with the speed limit warnings.

So, having looked at the responses regarding the speed camera on the installed satnav. I can confirm the Satnav does have them however as mentioned I cannot get them to show..
Not sure that live traffic is possible using the internal satnav? Unless the unit has an internet connection, how can it get the data? I just use Google Maps through Android Auto. All live date is available.

Seriously, just invest in a Carlinkit and a good cable and you will be much happier . 90% of dropouts are from bad cables . I don’t use the onboard Satnav ever, only Apple Maps .

Your correct all turned on but no activity/recognition when driving

I’d just like it to have an off button. I mean proper off, not muted. Wife has music on, I never do, drives me nuts every time I get in the car.

My android auto keeps disconnecting. But the radio won't work either so i end up driving in silence :-(
My phone has also stopped connecting automatically bluetooth to the car even though it used to.
is this likely a phone or car issue?

My android auto keeps disconnecting. But the radio won't work either so i end up driving in silence :-(
My phone has also stopped connecting automatically bluetooth to the car even though it used to.
is this likely a phone or car issue?
I've just resolved my issue with radio not working due to 'Radio Module Initialising' by updating the Radio Firmware at the link below:

Maybe this will help for you :)

Does anyone know if there have been any updates to the infotainment system (the one from the 2023 restyling, not ismart) ? There have been no changes to the hardware, only a refresh of the graphical interface. My MG dealer in Paris told me that I would get an update at the next service but I don't know of anyone else in the world who has. What about you?
If not, do you know of any sites where it is possible to get roms, tutorials like for smartphones. I used to do it on my DS5. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_20230809_095506.jpg
    IMG_20230809_095506.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Just to say that I was able to update the system. It's the same as before, but redesigned. You will find the same menus arranged differently. But it's worth it.

Just to say that I was able to update the system. It's the same as before, but redesigned. You will find the same menus arranged differently. But it's worth it.
Glad to hear that! Could you take some pictures to see how it looks? Is it more responsive after the update or still laggy?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom