Insulting offer

Webbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just been to my local MG dealer with a view to changing my 12,000 mile Mk1 ZS ev for a new MG5 Trophy LR, I was offered £18,700 which gives me an equity of £200 and payments over £600 per month!!!
Looks like I'm keeping the ZS then!

Just been to my local MG dealer with a view to changing my 12,000 mile Mk1 ZS ev for a new MG5 Trophy LR, I was offered £18,700 which gives me an equity of £200 and payments over £600 per month!!!
Looks like I'm keeping the ZS then!
In Norway we don't have taxes on the EVs under £41 000, that said it's laying stabel on £ 20500 without taxes in Norway with that milage ( finn.no ). If that's any help.
But don't you have still the new car guarantee? Could you not sell it yourself?

£600 a month sounds like a lot over what period of time? My monthly payment with pretty much no deposit at a time for brand new ZS MK2 Standard is £365

Hi Webbo I would forget about trading in at any MG dealership at the moment I have just got a MG5 Trophy and before that I had a MG5 mk1 SR with around 18500 miles on the clock and over18 months old, three dealers I tried best offer for trade in £21000 so I tried webuy any car I think the figures where 21600 carzoo £22350 and Motorpoint £23450 so I went back to the dealer who had said £21000 show him the quotes above he did a bit of hmm& arrring and then said ok and increased his price to £22000 but guess where the car went yes that’s right Motorpoint had it, with out any trouble at all I got paid and within 15 minutes the money was in my bank and I was on the train home now I could shop around and I did found ipa pre Reg with les than 400 miles on it and at more than £3000 off the list price. And It’s now sitting on my driveway.

The morale of the post is shop around you will fine better for your car of that I’m sure, of course prices are falling we know but you don’t have to buy from a local dealer nowadays the internet is the place to look getting the prices there then show you dealer what is available and he might change his tune mine did.
Les

I am going to unpack this here. It's not an insulting offer for P/X, the value of second hand motors have started to come down considerably over the last few months, there have also been some drastic reductions from other big manufacturers (Tesla have shaved thousands off their new models). Reading your post it doesn't state whether you would be putting a cash deposit down, just the equity. £600 per month for a £33.5k in a period where interest rates are pretty high seems about right with my quick mental maths. I am struggling to see here what part of your offer has been insulting?

Disappointing is probably a better adjective.
Disappointing would imply that it was unexpected... Looking at an MG4 new at the moment, for the trophy long range, you need to put nearly £7k down to get under 300 a month... 8.9% APR is no joke when it comes to PCP figures, finance prices should not be a surprise when they are high at the moment.

three dealers I tried best offer for trade in £21000 so I tried webuy any car I think the figures where 21600 carzoo £22350 and Motorpoint £23450 so I went back to the dealer who had said £21000 show him the quotes above he did a bit of hmm& arrring and then said ok and increased his price to £22000 but guess where the car went yes that’s right Motorpoint had it, with out any trouble at all I got paid and within 15 minutes
That sounds like a very familiar story Les.
Any dealer who makes an offer, then increases it when challenged with other offers, never gets my business regardless!.
It speaks of trying to steel money from your pocket !.
You did right to sell it to Motorway !.
Then shopped around and saved more money on a pre-reg, wise move.
Got in at the right time, as we knew the crazy P/X prices could not last for ever.
I find that Tesla have a much wider influence over EV’s than we would like to admit !.
Many of us now driving EV’s now because of Tesla bringing EV’s to the forefront of the market.
Almost forcing other legacy companies to join the party or get left behind.
Demand has outstripped supply which has in part, caused the stupid second hand prices.
Now just as the price hits its all time high, Tesla reduce their cars anything from £6,000 to £10,000 which has caused a huge negative earthquake in the car market again !.
So, their control is far more reaching in every respect !.
Legacy cars makes must be pulling their hair out wondering 💭 how they intend to even TRY to respond.
Or can they ???.
I really feel sorry for anybody who bought a Tesla for Christmas this year, as it has to be the most expensive gift ever ! 😞.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom