Intelligent Octopus

Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I'm not sure if any other member is on this tariff so, to satisfy the geekiness in me I have signed up for Intelligent Octopus. I am already on their Go tariff.

I received an email with the instructions on what to download to my phone and as I speak it is doing a test connection through my Ohme Pro. They have said it is in Beta so things may go wrong but we'll see. Someone has to try it out I guess.

I had to remove my schedule from the Ohme Pro (was 0030-0430) and I'll see how it goes. I'll report back with results.

* Now all tests complete and waiting for tariff switch.

I'm on a fixed tariff with Octopus, can I add an EV tariff to it?
Or will I have to come off it, and go on a variable rate.

I'm on a fixed tariff with Octopus, can I add an EV tariff to it?
Or will I have to come off it, and go on a variable rate.
I am on Octopus Go which gives me 4 hours between 12.30am and 4.30am on smart charging.I charged my car last night and it cost £1.85 to charge up 140 miles. I am on a variable rate for gas.

I am on Octopus Go which gives me 4 hours between 12.30am and 4.30am on smart charging.I charged my car last night and it cost £1.85 to charge up 140 miles. I am on a variable rate for gas.
That's the tariff I'm currently on. It works well but this Intelligent tariff got my attention. Currently waiting to be switched over. :unsure: :geek:

I thought there were only a few manufacturers of cars and EVSE units that could use Intelligent Octopus, when did the MG get added?

I was told the same, I was supposed to be informed when MG were added, but l haven’t heard anything yet?
MG has not been added to use intelligent octopus yet as far as l know, I think Tesla, jaguar are the main two manufacturers who can sign up with intelligent octopus, watch this space, l am sure MG will,be called up soon .

MG has not been added to use intelligent octopus yet as far as l know, I think Tesla, jaguar are the main two manufacturers who can sign up with intelligent octopus, watch this space, l am sure MG will,be called up soon .
I bought an Ohme charger with a discount through Octopus, so I am assuming they have a tie in.

It seems they MG has been signed up but not advertised yet. I went through all the setup questions including make of charger and make of car and model and it was all accepted.

I thought there were only a few manufacturers of cars and EVSE units that could use Intelligent Octopus, when did the MG get added?
I don't think they have added MG but instead they have added ohme so you can use any car like ovo 5p 24/7 charging

Hi Bobby boy, you would have to change tariffs to octopus go, going by my bills octopus go is the cheapest tariff and the flexible gas is the cheapest too
I'm on a fixed tariff until Oct 23 at 22p a kW so I don't want to lose that, I'm not sure what the 'go' tariff is, I don't have gas.

Here is a screenshot of the setup process. Waiting now to switch.
Screenshot_20220624-224800_Octopus.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom