• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Interior alarm?

Chrisd

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Is there an interior alarm which we could disarm. We've a dog and to be able to lock the without the alarm being triggered.

I don't think there is a internal movement sensor properly a tilt or anti jack one but dogs should be OK?

It is my understanding that the alarm is only triggered by opening any of the doors, hatch or bonnet.
No internal protection, the dogs will not set off the alarm.
You can double check by rolling down all of the windows and then locking the car with the fob.
If the interior DID have internal protection, it would be triggered straight away when you lean in through the open window.

I want to disable the alarm whilst on the ferry otherwise it may be triggered by the boat motion. Nothing in the manual. Any ideas? My Skoda has a button to press which then removes all the triggers except door opening. Perhaps the MG 5 has only got door triggers and nothing else. I have rocked it violently and nothing happens so probably it will be ok on the ferry.

I want to disable the alarm whilst on the ferry otherwise it may be triggered by the boat motion. Nothing in the manual. Any ideas? My Skoda has a button to press which then removes all the triggers except door opening. Perhaps the MG 5 has only got door triggers and nothing else. I have rocked it violently and nothing happens so probably it will be ok on the ferry.
I don’t believe there is an motion sensors on the ZS EV and therefore the MG5 is likely to be the same.
The alarm is only triggered when the doors / boot or bonnet are opened when armed.
The VAG models have a switch to turn off the interior sensors, but the MG does not have them, that’s why you can’t find the switch !.
There isn’t one 😂.

My kid (inside the car) tried to pulled the door to open while the doors are locked and alarming. The car is 2022 ZM MS EV Luxuary.

I doubt if it has tilt sensors either.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom