MG5 Intermittent wiper setting

MonsterMonster

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Does anyone see any effect with adjusting the intermittent wiper dial on the stalk? Each time I use ours I do not see any change in the wipers frequency of sweep.

On mine I use the adaptive setting i.e. the harder the rain the more it wipes. I didn't realise there was an old-style internittent.

Honestly, the automatic wiper speeds on the ZS EV can be a bit like one of those Tesco super market trollies, that has a mind all of its own, when you are pushing it !.
It tends to do what it wants, when it wants !.
One minute it is wiping so fast, it feels like the blades is going to fly off, then it slows down and then speeds up again.
I find, if I turn the wipers completely off for a second, then back on, its appears to reset itself to something more normal 🤣.

Hi monster monster here is the instructions from the MK1 5 per face lifted hope it might be of some help.
Les
0752DA86-AAEB-4A8C-876B-6C8A3FA5EB6A.png
36A5EDA5-91D2-47EC-9B9A-21817C2937E7.png

Isn't this a difference between the SR and LR? SR = intermittent, LR = rain sensing.

On my LR I set to max sensitivity (biggest stripe) and it works adequately if not as good as on my old Citroen, better than the preceding Skoda and far better than a previous Honda!
That said none of these automated systems are perfect......ask a MG 4 owner ;)

Well my 5 mk1 the exclusive model it had rain sensing and my new one a trophy FL 5 it is also but in the first MK1 the excite do not have rain sensing wipers only the exclusive.
Les

Does anyone see any effect with adjusting the intermittent wiper dial on the stalk? Each time I use ours I do not see any change in the wipers frequency of sweep.
As far as I know the adjustment is for rain volume only. I haven't noticed any speed adjustments when using that control. I've found that even the finest setting allows the windscreen to get quite wet before the wipers start up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom