iPhone charging pad doesn't work

Codie

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello, when putting the iphone on the pad in the car, it doesn't automaticly start charging the battery of teh iphone. Does anybody knows this problem and did find out a solution?

Best regards, Marco

Are you sure your current iphone has wireless charging\have you used wireless charing on this phone before? what model iphone is it? I would assume that the qi wireless pad in the car should just charge it but I thought I'd ask the question anyway.

Have tried a couple iPhones in mine and they work fine (11 and 13)
There does seem to be a slight delay but it does start after a few seconds

Have you tried any different phones on yours ?

My oneplus charges just fine in it's rubber cover. (Thin one that was supplied with the phone)

But i recon if it's a thicker "leather" one with cardboard, it might not work.

Hi, the iPhone 7 doesn't have QI wireless charging. It was only added to the iPhone 8 and later models. Your iPhone 11 should work automatically. Have you got a case on this? If so, does it work without the case? Also, what model & year car do you have? does it actually have wireless charging in the car? Has it ever worked on any phone?

I have the Iphone 12 and it works absolutely fine !.
My wife has the IPhone 11.
I have taken this from the Apple web page.
It suggests that iPhone 8 or later has wireless charging.

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone​

Learn how to wirelessly charge your iPhone with Qi-certified charging accessories.

What you need​

You need an iPhone 8 or later.
Your iPhone features integrated wireless charging that allows for an easy and intuitive charging experience. Your iPhone works with Qi-certified chargers that are available as accessories and in cars, cafes, hotels, airports, and furniture. Qi is an open, universal charging standard created by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC).

And...Atleast here, the charging pad is only fitted to the variant with the sunroof, blindspot detection, etc. etc. version.

The basic LR version, does not have it. (Atleast in Denmark)

And...Atleast here, the charging pad is only fitted to the variant with the sunroof, blindspot detection, etc. etc. version.

The basic LR version, does not have it. (Atleast in Denmark)
I think that is the same in the UK, with it only being fitted to Trophy and Trophy connect models, the entry level model is lacking in quite a few things like wireless charging, sunroof and roof rails... also has horrible cloth seats :sick:

I think that is the same in the UK, with it only being fitted to Trophy and Trophy connect models, the entry level model is lacking in quite a few things like wireless charging, sunroof and roof rails... also has horrible cloth seats :sick:
Yeah and here it also lacks

• Blind spot monitor
  • 360 camera (the entrylevel only have the reversing camera.)
  • "only" has 4 speakers (where the "Trophy" has 6)
  • Rain sensor
  • Rear traffic alert
  • Folding mirrors
  • no remote control (ISmart app)
  • No weather forecast
  • navigation only without live traffic updates
  • No OTA updates for the Infotainment
  • Front driver seat not electrically adjustable
  • No centre armrest in the backseat

I think that only a mad person would not pay the little extra for all of these features. (Allthough "no weather forecast" is probably not the main reason :) )

And an absolute pain in the backside - one of the first things we disabled!
If you mean that silly announcement at every startup, we also disabled this.

Our's probably even felt worse, as it was still speaking in "English" but tried to say the weather and city name, using Danish words, but spoken by bad English TextToSpeech. :)

I thought OTA updates where available on all face lift models in the U.K. ?????.
Vocal weather forecast announcements are only feature on the higher priced Trophy Connect model in the U.K.
I dont think the entry level has a simcard or data connectivity, hence it's inability to do live traffic update and weatherforecast.

It seems i can actually connect the car to a Wifi, so i dont know if these features work, if the car has internet access via a hotspot (Could automate the hotspot....Every time it connects to SAIC bluetooth, turn on hotspot).

OTA is another feature i would have thought would be available, if the car was connected, for example to the house Wifi.

I really wonder, if "NO OTA" means that when/if we get an update, those who bought entry level, will have to go to MG to have the update installed.

And maybe even pay for it. (Not that this would amount to a lot of money, since the car has not received a lot of updates) :)

If you mean that silly announcement at every startup, we also disabled this.

Our's probably even felt worse, as it was still speaking in "English" but tried to say the weather and city name, using Danish words, but spoken by bad English TextToSpeech. :)
Yes, that's the one.

We tried ours in English and French and it was awful in either!

Yeah and here it also lacks

• Blind spot monitor
  • 360 camera (the entrylevel only have the reversing camera.)
  • "only" has 4 speakers (where the "Trophy" has 6)
  • Rain sensor
  • Rear traffic alert
  • Folding mirrors
  • no remote control (ISmart app)
  • No weather forecast
  • navigation only without live traffic updates
  • No OTA updates for the Infotainment
  • Front driver seat not electrically adjustable
  • No centre armrest in the backseat

I think that only a mad person would not pay the little extra for all of these features. (Allthough "no weather forecast" is probably not the main reason :) )
that sounds just like our SE model (y)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom