• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Is anyone actually participating in the Podpoint timed-charging Beta testing?

Are you taking part in the Podpoint timed-charge Beta testing?

• Yes - I have the App and I’m testing it now!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No - not heard a thing since being asked to fill in the online Beta request

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I’ve not involved with the Beta programme at all

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been told that Beta testing is now full and no more participants are required. Is anyone on here actually taking part and been given the Beta app to test?

Yep, received the link this afternoon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210302-162823.png
    Screenshot_20210302-162823.png
    429.8 KB · Views: 139
Great - that’s good to know. Can you keep us updated how you get on please?

Anyone on the beta with ios?

There’s a few threads on this topic. I’m using ios and i now have the beta app. I’m on Octopus Go tariff. Initial testing shows that it works for my car. I can share the testing notes if anyone is interested? Ongoing. 🤒

In the app you now get a home tab.. in there the days of the week are listed so I Tested it out on Tuesday and it works fine ..set it for 17.00 to start and finish at 20.30 ....started at 17.02 but it doesn't tell you in the app what time it finished

First time today I had a failed overnight charge. car locked and charger set for 00.30-04.30 as usual. The only thing I can think of that was slightly different was the car was plugged in earlier than usual (about 3pm) so was standing for about 9.5hrs before charge should have kicked in. It’s normally not standing for this length of time. Anyone else had an issue?

Had an issue where I had cancelled the timed charge as I needed to top up early but no matter what I did reboot etc. the car wouldn't charge...even though the green light was lit up on the unit....contacted pod point out of hours and within an hour some how they managed to sort it....seems as though the app wouldn't cancel the timed charge

Ok - different issue i think but I’m pleased pp sorted it out. My cars on charge manually now without issue - other than it will cost me 3x the rate!

I used it the first time last night and worked a dream. I had to disable the hack I had made to PP Solo so that it would enable it to be controlled by the PodPoint sever. The only issue I can see is that interrupted WiFi or loss of Internet connection will turn on the charge whereas my old hack has an internal timer.

I used it the first time last night and worked a dream. I had to disable the hack I had made to PP Solo so that it would enable it to be controlled by the PodPoint sever. The only issue I can see is that interrupted WiFi or loss of Internet connection will turn on the charge whereas my old hack has an internal timer.
I've been using it for sometime as I signed up for the beta testing...as you say the only problems start if the WiFi drops out...just have to check that everything is set up right on the day....using it in the early hours with octopus go at 5p a kW is a really big saving

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom