Eon at the moment
octopus go is 10p higher per kwh than Eon
but standing charge is 2 p kw cheaper than Eon
is it best for me to switch now

Eon at the moment
I don't know what your prices are could be worth looking at OVO they now offer anytime charging at 10p and there variable rate is at government cap and no exit fees
There are quite a few posts in the general room on octopus and OVO definitely worth a read

I don't know what your prices are could be worth looking at OVO they now offer anytime charging at 10p and there variable rate is at government cap and no exit fees
There are quite a few posts in the general room on octopus and OVO definitely worth a read
I’m only going to use a granny at home over night as I only now do about 50 miles a day so I think Octopus could be my best bet

I’m only going to use a granny at home over night as I only now do about 50 miles a day so I think Octopus could be my best bet
What ever works for you will be your best tariff every one has different needs always good to look at all tariffs and standing charge think OVO is 34pkw 37p standing electricity 10p gas 27p standing obviously the 10p charging 24\7 is no on granny

What ever works for you will be your best tariff every one has different needs always good to look at all tariffs and standing charge think OVO is 34pkw 37p standing electricity 10p gas 27p standing obviously the 10p charging 24\7 is no on granny
Thanks for your help great Forum for us new to this Technology. Trophy long range is great car worth ever penny

If you are using the granny EVSE will four hours of Octopus Go be enough time to charge up the car?

If you are using the granny EVSE will four hours of Octopus Go be enough time to charge up the car?
Probably not doing about 30% a day on average so don’t think I would Octopus go would be enough . So it’s trying to way up if it’s still better to switch

Probably not doing about 30% a day on average so don’t think I would Octopus go would be enough . So it’s trying to way up if it’s still better to switch
Both octopus and OVO offer ohme charges at discount and other charges I only mention ohme as compatible with both companies for cheap charging in fact I think it's the only one that works for both and with no exit fees quite handy

Both octopus and OVO offer ohme charges at discount and other charges I only mention ohme as compatible with both companies for cheap charging in fact I think it's the only one that works for both and with no exit fees quite handy
I was hoping that I could go on to Octopus go but you need to have a outside charger which with the 30 miles a day I do it would not be worth my while

I was hoping that I could go on to Octopus go but you need to have a outside charger which with the 30 miles a day I do it would not be worth my while
You don't need an outside EVSE just an EV and a granny unit. Have you phoned Octopus?

We are now with Octopus. Had nothing but trouble with EOn and had to get the Ombudsman involve and had to threaten them a second time after miss-calculation of bills and faulty meters and non working smart meters. Had 4 of the things

Eon at the moment
I have solar panels and batteries. Switched to Octopus outgoing agile. This summer I'm hopeful for nigh on free charging.

Might have a look at OVO myself 👍🏻

I’m currently using a granny and getting 50 miles over the four Octopus Go hours each night.
Can't see it the granny is about 2.5kwh X 4h is only 10kw @ 3kwm is 30miles
Edit the granny is 10amp = 2.3kw so it's even less

Last edited:
Can't see it the granny is about 2.5kwh X 4h is only 10kw @ 3kwm is 30miles
Edit the granny is 10amp = 2.3kw so it's even less
As you say it’s all about miles per Kw and I do much better than what you suggest. Which means I get 50 miles added to the range each night

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom