James Haugh Dumfries - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

I'm a new ZS EV owner and local to James Haugh. Does anyone have any experience of them for servicing? Thanks

I'm a new ZS EV owner and local to James Haugh. Does anyone have any experience of them for servicing? Thanks
Hi, I bought an MG4 from them back in October. After reading about oil leaks and undertray bulges on sites like this I checked mine on collection day and pointed out the undertray bulge. They tried to look amazed at the defect and swore they had never heard of the issue before! they promised to remedy it as soon as. A week or two later it was back in having a few self tappers added to reduce the bulge with again the promise of a better fix in the near future. I have visited recently to sort out various software updates and kept asking about the undertray. I was again was informed that it would be sorted but they were waiting for a response from MG National and China. I wrote to MG National and this was their response......

Thank you for your email, however it is difficult to comment directly regarding your car as there are no vehicle details on this email.

Communication was updated quite quickly regarding this, so you but certainly your dealership should be aware.

Following feedback from customers, we immediately referred this to the factory. There conclusion, was that the bulge occurs due to the design of the car and the location of the fixings. They are quite happy that there is no detrimental effect to the drive and performance of the car and so no warranty defect has been accepted.

As a result, there will be no update to this through warranty and I am sorry for any disappointment caused.

I'm not sure if James Haugh is aware of this response from MG but they haven't passed it on to me.....

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom