Just a bit of Fun- and a question.

Big Nige

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Right, being a bit nerdy I have a 3D printer and too much time on my hands…

Inspired by the old MG BGT badge

C5AFCAE3-BBD2-44B4-B8EE-1DDF5BDEF69C.jpeg

I created this the other day and printed it out.

60A0E458-7D78-4D0F-AD31-CD40CF2C6C49.jpeg

Ignore the colour, it’s just what was in the printer while I was printing a bracket out. I need to do a bit more experimenting with colours & layout.

1CF7CF07-022A-47B8-85B5-8A99F09E645F.jpeg

D4DA3411-ADF3-4F2D-93EC-87D3CDBE8DFE.jpeg

Just stuck it on with blu tac to see how it would look, when I realised the mistake. I have put MG EV community on it not MG EVs community. MG EVs sounds fine but it got me thinking- which is right? If you expand it out it becomes either:- MG electric vehicle community or MG electric vehicles community. In my dozy Sunday afternoon brain, the latter sounds like it may be said by a certain Russian Meerkat tv personality- simples😊. What do you think?

As I say-Just a bit of fun.

Right, being a bit nerdy I have a 3D printer and too much time on my hands…

Inspired by the old MG BGT badge

View attachment 6531

I created this the other day and printed it out.

View attachment 6532

Ignore the colour, it’s just what was in the printer while I was printing a bracket out. I need to do a bit more experimenting with colours & layout.

View attachment 6533

View attachment 6534

Just stuck it on with blu tac to see how it would look, when I realised the mistake. I have put MG EV community on it not MG EVs community. MG EVs sounds fine but it got me thinking- which is right? If you expand it out it becomes either:- MG electric vehicle community or MG electric vehicles community. In my dozy Sunday afternoon brain, the latter sounds like it may be said by a certain Russian Meerkat tv personality- simples😊. What do you think?

As I say-Just a bit of fun.
Hi
It looks good
I was thinking of getting a 3d printer later this year
What kind of printer do you have
There are a few people on here who have said if anyone could 3d print a longer interior rear view mirror arm (Mg5 long range) they would be able to move the mirror up higher and it wouldn’t restrict forward vision as much
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Hi
It looks good
I was thinking of getting a 3d printer later this year
What kind of printer do you have
There are a few people on here who have said if anyone could 3d print a longer interior rear view mirror arm (Mg5 long range) they would be able to move the mirror up higher and it wouldn’t restrict forward vision as much
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Hi Ian,
I have a Creality Ender 3 printer. It can print just over 150mm in any direction and is pretty handy for all sorts of brackets & fixings I used to fabricate or machine on a lathe. I’ve had it about 3 years and it’s been totally reliable. When I bought it, I think it was on offer around £195. I think they’re onto version2 now. I’ve never got too deep into the software and mainly use Tinkercad ( the badge was created using it) which is free online to create models and Cura ( again free) to prep the model for printing.

I don’t have a problem with the mirror personally, but seeing as it’s an auto dimming mirror, there maybe more to the job to extend ( ie wiring)

Hi Ian,
I have a Creality Ender 3 printer. It can print just over 150mm in any direction and is pretty handy for all sorts of brackets & fixings I used to fabricate or machine on a lathe. I’ve had it about 3 years and it’s been totally reliable. When I bought it, I think it was on offer around £195. I think they’re onto version2 now. I’ve never got too deep into the software and mainly use Tinkercad ( the badge was created using it) which is free online to create models and Cura ( again free) to prep the model for printing.

I don’t have a problem with the mirror personally, but seeing as it’s an auto dimming mirror, there maybe more to the job to extend ( ie wiring)
Hi
I will have a look at that printer
It will come in handy fo printing a few bits for my radio controlled cars and buggy
Yes you may be right about the mirror with the wiring
Cheers
Ian
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom