• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

25/01/21: Just had latest BMS software. Observations...

Paulie68

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So I had the first service done today. The garage also applied the latest BMS update along with the HV fuse protection update.

My car hasn't had any previous BMS updates after the comfort 2 earlier this year, so this may, or may not, be relevant.

Anyway, unlike the previous BMS updates, reported by others on here, the car only commences AC charging once locked, and stops when you unlock. It won't slow charge unlocked! The only other thing I've noticed is if you do unlock the car whilst charging, it takes a few seconds longer to turn off the charging, before it was almost instant.

I'll be interested to see if others can still AC charge unlocked after the latest BMS update.

I'll report back on the final voltage after charging fully tomorrow, until now my car has shown 453v.

Any feedback from anyone who has this update will be much appreciated by all ,i'm sure

So I had the first service done today. The garage also applied the latest BMS update along with the HV fuse protection update.

My car hasn't had any previous BMS updates after the comfort 2 earlier this year, so this may, or may not, be relevant.

Anyway, unlike the previous BMS updates, reported by others on here, the car only commences AC charging once locked, and stops when you unlock. It won't slow charge unlocked! The only other thing I've noticed is if you do unlock the car whilst charging, it takes a few seconds longer to turn off the charging, before it was almost instant.

I'll be interested to see if others can still AC charge unlocked after the latest BMS update.

I'll report back on the final voltage after charging fully tomorrow, until now my car has shown 453v.
Thanks for sharing - that’s not what I was expecting. Does it do a timed charge?

Would your car charge unlocked before this latest update? why was the update completed - did you request it due to an issue? Thanks.

I purchased mine in December of last year and was unfortunate enough to have the faulty BMS software installed. I have had the car back to get the updated fix and it seemed to work immediately. Before the update I was getting a result of 160 km off a full charge! It has now jumped to a respectable 250 km. The garage recommended that I charge every night all night for a bit to finish off the equalization of the battery cells (I still haven't achieved the 455v.....I'm seeing 439v, so I guess it's not done yet).

I have always, from day one been able to charge both with the car locked and unlocked.

Would your car charge unlocked before this latest update? why was the update completed - did you request it due to an issue? Thanks.
My car can do timed charging in that you can turn the charger on or off any time and it commences or recommences charging.

My car has never charged whilst unlocked on AC charging.

I purchased mine in December of last year and was unfortunate enough to have the faulty BMS software installed. I have had the car back to get the updated fix and it seemed to work immediately. Before the update I was getting a result of 160 km off a full charge! It has now jumped to a respectable 250 km. The garage recommended that I charge every night all night for a bit to finish off the equalization of the battery cells (I still haven't achieved the 455v.....I'm seeing 439v, so I guess it's not done yet).

I have always, from day one been able to charge both with the car locked and unlocked.

439v seems very low, I think you may still have an issue beyond just balancing.

Hi, I had BMS update installed today at East London Glyn Hopkin. I had car since 29th December and only booked in the car, as was only getting 448 V after full charge. I will provide an update in few days after doing fully charge and battery equalization.

Hi, I had BMS update installed today at East London Glyn Hopkin. I had car since 29th December and only booked in the car, as was only getting 448 V after full charge. I will provide an update in few days after doing fully charge and battery equalization.
Looking forward to how it went for you MAS, mine is going in on the 26th Feb for its 1st Service, I will publish the first service cost.

I have had my car for 12 months now.. Had the BMS update in Novemebr whih reduced range by 40% and voltage is full charge of 437Volts..It is going back for the BMS update fix on Wednesday...Will let you know howI get on

My car showed 453V when fully charged yesterday and it has the old BMS software (before the glitches) I've never been able to charge unlocked on AC.

My car is going in on Thursday for the sunroof and A-pillar rattle. It's also getting the latest BMS software fitted so hopefully I'll be able to tell you if there's been any changes too.

Last time i charged mine i got 456v .i only knew to look because of the forum so i've no idea what its been on previous charges mine is also the comfort 2 with no bms updates same as yours so really interested in how you get on

My car showed 453V when fully charged yesterday and it has the old BMS software (before the glitches) I've never been able to charge unlocked on AC.

My car is going in on Thursday for the sunroof and A-pillar rattle. It's also getting the latest BMS software fitted so hopefully I'll be able to tell you if there's been any changes too.
Can you do a timed charge ok?

Last time i charged mine i got 456v .i only knew to look because of the forum so i've no idea what its been on previous charges mine is also the comfort 2 with no bms updates same as yours so really interested in how you get on
Can you do a timed charge ok?

Never bothered. i dont have a cheap rate overnight and a chargemaster which i have heard called a dumb charger rather than a smart one .i plug in whenever i need to .i know you are dying to find out about timed charging .sorry i can't help but good luck sorting it out mate

Hi MAS - Was you seeing 448 Volts after a full charge before or after the latest update that was released on15th January 2021.
I had the latest BMS update applied on the 20th Jan 2021 and I am seeing 450 volts after a full charge.
I don't know what voltage I was getting before the update.
The magic 445 Volts target is likely to take a few A/C charges / balancing before it can be reached apparently.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom