MG5 KERS 3 & Brake Light Operation - Safety Recall?

Alb

Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Dropped my car off at the dealer this morning for some warranty related work and got some very interesting news.
On the work schedule there was an additional item for a KERS 3 Brake Light Operation safety update.
This was actually described to me as a safety recall with letters to owners due to go out in a few days time.
Seems like MG have been listening after all.

Last edited:
Dropped my car off this at the dealer this morning for some warranty related work and got some very interesting news.
On the work schedule there was an additional item for a KERS 3 Brake Light Operation safety update.
This was actually described to me as a safety recall with letters to owners due to go out in a few days time.
Seems like MG have been listening after all.
I asked my dealer and they told me that it is resolved with a software fix on all new deliveries.

Wow. Hopefully my added LED will light up after the recall then.

Attachments

• IMG_20211117_121425.jpg
    IMG_20211117_121425.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_20211117_121432.jpg
    IMG_20211117_121432.jpg
    586.7 KB · Views: 368
Thanks @Alb and @Kompins who originally raised the issue with MG 👍
This is great news though not heard anything from my contact at MG Motors UK yet! I should add that thanks are due to the NRG Labs GPS Speedometer/Accelerometer/G Force Meter app which can be downloaded from Playstore and off course my wife who was the driving force behind testing this and chasing MG.

Last edited:
I may have beaten the official announcement by a few days.
Those wanting to have this update should contact their dealer and see who's on the ball and who isn't.

Good to hear this. I'm always checking my rear view mirror when driving on KERS 3 (my preferred option).

Ensures that brake lights operate when deceleration exceed the level where brake lights must operate. Previously KERS3 exceeded that level but brake lights did not come on, a MOT failure.
But it would actually pass an MOT, due to the limitations of the test?

Good to read that they are going to do a software update.

I may have beaten the official announcement by a few days.
Those wanting to have this update should contact their dealer and see who's on the ball and who isn't.
Can you only get software updates via the dealer and not over-the-air?

Think yourself lucky that it can be done at the dealer's premises.
There are some updates that require a component to be removed and sent back to MG. Ask me how I know :ROFLMAO:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom