MG5 KERS 3 & Brake Light Operation - Safety Recall?

I may have beaten the official announcement by a few days.
Those wanting to have this update should contact their dealer and see who's on the ball and who isn't.
Have just sent an email to my dealer... I've thought about this while I've been driving :) Good shout people!

what happened?!
@Alb's misadventures with SatNav updates...

How it started...

How it's going...

The update to my car has been done but I won't be able to test it before Friday at the earliest.
Have you managed to assess what effect the software update has had yet? Hopefully a bug free fix to the brake light problem without reduction in kers 3 braking level.

Unfortunately not :(
Car is still with the dealer but expecting a call tomorrow.

Recall letter arrived here today too. It will be interesting to see what changes will be implemented in the update.

Aye the postie just dropped off my 5LR regen 3 recall notification letter too.
I’ve just called my dealer Frasers and booked in for the update on Friday 10th December. I asked if it would have any detrimental effect on the retardation effect but was told that conversely, it should increase it instead - oh I sincerely hope so as I really enjoy being close to the one pedal driving effect.

Aye the postie just dropped off my 5LR regen 3 recall notification letter too.
I’ve just called my dealer Frasers and booked in for the update on Friday 10th December. I asked if it would have any detrimental effect on the retardation effect but was told that conversely, it should increase it instead - oh I sincerely hope so as I really enjoy being close to the one pedal driving effect.
I dropped Fraser's an email - was it just the service department you called?

I received a recall letter from MG today, informing of the recall regarding kers3.
I've a week off from work soon so fingers crossed i can get a date to suit.

My car is still off the road so even though I've already had the update I may well not be the first to test it.

My car is still off the road so even though I've already had the update I may well not be the first to test it.
I’m sure there’ll be a few stories flying around keeping us all amused with strange sightings of Chinese flashing estates slowing down all over the place - or not - or perhaps the old ZS bongs will be brought back to amuse us instead 😫🤣

Received my letter today, just rang the dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about. Booked me in for an hour long waiting appointment (and offered me a fuel system clean while I was in which didn’t inspire confidence in their knowledge!). So I will see how I get on next week

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom