• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG5 KERS 3 & Brake Light Operation - Safety Recall?

Hi all
My first try for update was unsuccessful
So I booked it in 17/12/21
40 mins update,video walk around and a wash done
Spot on CARS2 MG Barnsley
I also thought the regen at lower speeds wasn’t as harsh but I thought that was just me😂
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Yep
I feel the same now
But when I have driven my wife’s Cmax ☹️ and I get into my Mg5 it feels so comfy and easy to drive 😃
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Just had my KERS update done, partner followed me home and confirmed the brake light operation too so that's all sorted. Don't know if it's just me but also the heating controls seemed snappier on the screen. Possibly in the update too or an update that was due on the car already?

Had the KERS update done on my MG5 LR today at Brindley MG Cannock. I was given an MG ZS EV while it was being done although didn't need it for long as update done within 30 mins. The short drive in the ZS made me appreciate my MG5 as I thought all models with MG Pilot use KERS when slowing down but apparently not.
Great service from the folk at Brindley MG Cannock.

That was smooth.
It's a shame we have to treat such service as entirely out of the ordinary.

Just back from having the kers3 update completed on our car. Nice to get back to using my favourite number 3 slowdown setting along with the eco drive setting. The update took about 35 minutes 👌

Noises to be wary of - and how to avoid them.
Driving home today minding our own business and remarking how little snow was around us on the fair southern banks of the mighty river Forth. We could see the white tops of the Ochil hills on the other side of the river ……………..
when all at once there was a mighty metallic CLANK !!! from behind us as if we’d been rammed by some super car with even mightier acceleration than an MG5 …… (yeah I know it’s all a bit far fetched so far but bear with me )
So we looked at each other and, as one, exclaimed “ what the … heck/ dickens/devil ….etc etc ….was that !!!
so I pulled off the road and tentatively crept round the car .. nothing !!
I opened the tailgate and found the load cover fully wound forward. I hadn’t latched it into the small notches properly when I had last unloaded the Tesco bags or whatever. It sat there waiting for me to drive over the correct size pebble or sone thing, and shot forward on its extremely strong springs And slammed open.

NOTE TO SELF - LOCATE BOOT COVER INTO SLOTS PROPERLY

Picked up my car yesterday and was informed the update had already been done at the factory. Haven't driven in the dark yet in order to check it out.

Should be easy enough to do as you can see the centre brake light reflected on the rear wiper arm in the dark :)

So I got mine updated yesterday and I’m my weekly 150 mile trip, it seems that the efficiency is lower in terms of miles per kWh, anyone else seen this effect?
Could be the weather but I did the drive on Monday so should be 0.5 of a mile per kWh less.

Since I had mine done last Friday, I haven't noticed any difference, although the GOM is still learning after being reset in the update process (it's reading a bit higher miles/kwh). But the general 2 miles per percent is still consistent.

The long range trip may have been reset so any previous journeys done with a good m/kwh will not help the currect gom calculation and m/kwh figure.

Quick question does the KERS-3 update only work above a certain speed? Trying to figure out if mine needs doing but struggling to see if the brake lights come on at all. Got the missus to watch as I drove past, but only at 30mph, and she said no lights came on.

After I had mine done, I kept checking from 50, but they only came on when it had slowed down to about 20, which surprised me. They didn't come on until it was a reasonable Temperature either, as KERS doesn't do too much when it's cold! You can see them in the mirror in a dark road, as the rear wiper shows red.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom