• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG5 KERS 3 & Brake Light Operation - Safety Recall?

Been notified this morning. How long does the update take? Do I need a courtesy car or can I just wait?

Got my recall notice today, so I 'phoned my supplying dealer (Budgen Motors in Shrewsbury), and they've booked it for the day as "sometimes the firmware updates take longer than expected.."

...Say.. Wha'? :oops:

Got mine too but had already booked the car in.
Interesting that it says don't use Kers3 what happens if you do and someone goes into the rear of your car?

It will affect both but the factory will have been doing the update for cars currently or recently in production. Any LR not yet delivered to customers should be checked as part of the PDI.

As some have said, if the letter says don't use KERS3 then I wouldn't as in the event of an accident involving a lack of brake light you could void your insurance if they looked into it deep enough. How can they prove you had the letter dare I ask? The appointment at your dealer may give it away 🤣

It's very unlikely mind you...

Is this specific to a specific model of the 5? SR? LR?
The LR didn't exist when this problem was first detected by owners (see past threads). But luckily now someone has managed to put some sort of scientific data to MG to prove it doesn't meet the safety standards.

Hammond's MG have quoted about 45 minutes for my update. Hope that's true, but software updates shouldn't take too long really. OTA updates would be great for the 5 but I think it requires extra hardware in the car which I not sure it has sadly 😟. But still I love my 5.

I received the letter yesterday and my standard range 5 is now booked in with Premier MG on the Island at 8.30 next Wednesday. They say it will take about a hour. I thought that was a pretty good response.

Booked mine in for the week ate after next, on annual leave.

I'll have a stroll round wickes next door, or round the new zs if a demo is there:unsure:

Just called my dealer after getting the letter this morning. Can't fit me in until mid-February.
Apparently it's going to have the roof rails inspected too at the same time.

Had it done today. KERS3 regen feels about the same. Can't wait for it to get dark so I can see if it works?

Booked mine in for the week ate after next, on annual leave.

I'll have a stroll round wickes next door, or round the new zs if a demo is there:unsure:
New ZS demo was in showroom of my dealer so had a look round while waiting for the KERS software......bit of an anti-climax really.

Hi
Just received my recall letter
(Photo below of letter)
Booked in for the 2/12/21
They said it should take around 30mins (we will see 😂)
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
EB1F5580-887C-4293-B794-304D6C4DCFDD.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom