Key less fobs

Sparkycard

Standard Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,
I have seen articles about the rise in car theft with Key less fobs being scanned whilst within the house and they then having full access to the car. In the past I have had my cards skimmed and that was a pain and have an RFI blocker wallet and blocker cards for my family.
I think these people are not very nice........., being very polite, and you can think of that how you please.

Today I received two Car key signal blockers purchased from Amazon, other retailers and makes are available.
Have just finished testing and these fully screen the fobs and I would recommend keeping keys away from the front and out side of your house just to be safe.

If you get something to block the fobs, just remember your spare key fob as if it is not shielded they can be skimmed as well. I picked my spare fob up through a wall and it was in a metal key case but the door was not fully closed.

1596557113950.png

I have the same ones, I thought they were a bit tight for the key and I put the keychain they have, inside with the keys, as I believe it could leak the signal if left out, acting as an antenna. But for the price I can't complain.

Have you tried placing the key in the bag and then walking up to the car to see if it opens or not ?

I have and they do block the signal. Forgot to try it with the chain out though.
Edit: just tried it with chain out and it still blocks the signal, the signal is even blocked with the bag flap open.

Last edited:
Hi Folks.
This is excellent stuff I will get a couple.
My neighbour once noticed that she was being followed just before arriving home from the supermarket. The gentlemen in the car following her where very well dressed both in suits and very polite. They approached her and asked for directions which she happily gave them. They in turn helped her bring her shopping from her driveway to her front door and she thanked them and boldly then locked her car. She got her shopping into her house. Closed and locked her front door and took the shopping into the kitchen. Once she started putting the shopping away she realised she had forgotten a few items so she grabbed her keys and came out to drive back to the shop. Absolutely no car in the driveway so phoned the police. The police informed her there had been a few other case over several months but they had not made much progress despite numerous CCTV recording of possible suspects and their suspicion was that this was theft to order of high end cars by foreign professional gangsters.
I did not think it will be an issue affecting ZS EV owners. I don't know if this is true but the neighbour told me she was told if one uses keyless entry then the risk of this type of theft is almost eliminated. Do you think that is true?

No, this type of theft is because of keyless entry/start. The thief picks up the signal from the key and amplifies it to enter and start the car.
There is no way your neighbour could have prevented this incident with the thieves following her up her drive but you can prevent it happening later by putting your keys in the signal blocker pouch (AKA faraday bag) as soon as you get in the house. There's also a risk when you're out and about and to prevent that you would have to carry a pouch with you and put your keys in it as soon as you've parked up and locked the car.
What's handy about the bags above is they have a swivel attachment on the back of the bag so you can hang it from your belt or keyring.
Another one for the ladies, they sell handbags that are lined with the foil cloth stuff that's in these bags so you can protect your keys, credit cards and phone while they're in the bag, only problem is, the phone won't pick up a signal whilst in the bag so you may miss calls.

If you want bigger ones, the ones designed for mobile phones are bigger. I have two bigger ones for my other car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom