Let's bring our ZS EV issues to the attention of MG.

KasEV

Banned
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I not we are all frustrated by a few issues with our ZS EVs. I am not sure if MG are aware of this. Because MG should be doing much more to address our issues if they know our concerns.
I think we all have to individually write to MG to raise our concerns otherwise we will continue to have poor after-purchase customer service and inadequate input from MG. I do not think MG China and MG UK are aware of the strength of feeling and concerns among UK customers about the shortfalls in the UK model of the ZS EV. Below is an email I have recently sent to MG. I will encourage you all to send your concerns as well. Even if you feel others my have written what you want already please write as well. There is always strength in numbers.
The email.......
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am writing as a very concerned UK ZS EV owner to express my significant upset at the absence of the delayed Charging and iSMART car applications on the UK version of the ZS EV.
The absence of such applications in today's world is unthinkable and causing any resale value of our UK model ZS EVs to be vanishing quickly and in my opinion may also lead to a stoll in the recent raising ZS EV sales.
More importantly the absence of this application means we in the UK can not enjoy the appropriate level of owner interactions and satisfaction from our ZS EV as other ZS EV owners elsewhere such as in Asia.
I am also concerned that there seems to be an element of deliberate mis-selling in the UK on part of MG by not indicating to UK customers far ahead of their purchase that despite the higher cost of the ZS EV here in the UK, the UK customers will be offered a third rate vehicle compared to ZS EV owners elsewhere. Yes, third rate due to the absence of delayed/deferred/timed Charging in the BMS software and the absence of interactive applications such as the iSMART.
It is absolutely unacceptable that MG is treating customers in the UK in this way. Even more insulting is the complete lack of information and clarity on why MG decided to abuse its customers in UK in this manner and the absence of information on what MG is doing to rectify the situation now that MG seems to have recognised these issues.
The attempt to rectify delayed charging after recent outcry from customers is noted. The charging issues however persist for several ZS EV owners and yet there has not been a formal apology from MG for selling us an EV that will not charge in a manner appropriate to the UK energy market. There has also not been a formal instruction to all owners advising them of the updates aimed at resolving the charging issues.
This is shameful to say the least.
I request MG/ MG UK to urgently address these issues.
I think I am truly speaking for all UK ZS EV owners when I say we need information on all the updates aimed at solving our charging issues - delayed/ timed Charging, distant charge monitoring and distant inactions with vehicle including distant defrosting/ preheating and other iSMART inactive functions.
Please do address these concerns. Hope to hear from you shortly.
Best Regards
KasEV(member MGEVs community)

We can do that if there is the appetite for that. I don't know if we have the facility to collect signatures to a petition on this website. Anyway some in our UK and also EU ZS community think individual letters or emails regarding the same issue are more effective.

MG Europe until Dec this year unless an agreement of further extension is reached; sorry for the politics

Hi folks,
Well we can do both or write to MG Europe and MG UK.
We need to ask Stuart Wright to ballot on this issue or advise on how best to collect signatures as a start. Once we know how to go about collecting signatures, we can agree the text of email/letter we need to send.

What do you mean by ballot?
I think you need to identify who the decision makers are and then decide on the best route to get your message to them.
MG Europe and MG UK would need some persuasion if they are going to feed that back to China with any seriousness.

Have you thought about starting a petition on change.org?

@Stuart Wright
Thanks.
Let's put it to the community.
...OK balloting ??? Should we do a yes or no vote on this issue to ensure the majority of members support such action?
Should we send an email out to all members ... invitation to vote on this issue?
Who should we write to first?
MG press offices usually have an easily available email address so we can start from there.
Should we write to press offices for MG UK, MG EU and MG China?
Who are the MG decision makers and will our emails / letters be screened out so we never get through to the right people?
Is the an email contected to this site that we could use?
Or do you think working external on change.org is best?
Please folks let's have some ideas.

Should we do a yes or no vote on this issue to ensure the majority of members support such action?
My opinion.

I'm not convinced there needs to be a poll on it. It's like asking people whether they want free money. Yes, of course they will want a petition. There is no down side to it.

We could have a new, dedicated petition thread with a concise message for the decision makers and everyone who replies effectively signs the petition with a voluntarily formatted message stating their real name, city+counry and the month+year they bought their ZS EV and that they support the request.

The request needs to be polite rather than abrupt. You don't persuade someone to give you something by yelling at them. It needs to be very concise. Expect that executives won't give you more than 10 seconds of their time to read it.

I can send a private message to everyone inviting them to chip in with ideas on how to word it, though I think maybe there are enough people here to do that already. Once it's ready, I can private message everyone inviting them to view the thread and reply to sign/support it. We have 253 members as of right now. That's great, but is it enough to sway a multinational car manufacturer? We will need to get more members here to grow the ranks, I think. That will involve reaching out to other MG ZS EV communities and inviting them to register here and sign the petition thread.

Then when the thread has a vast number of replies, all the people involved could individually email the appropriate people sending them the link to the thread and asking them to look at the petition and the vast number of people who have signed/supported it.

That's one idea.

I just received a reply on the mail I sent to MG Netherlands asking about, amongst others, the app for the ZS EV. They tell me that the European version of the car doesn't have the 4G module, so the app will never come. Bummer :mad:
They also say the update has been rolled out and besides the improvements in the warning signals they claim that the speed of the infotainment system should also be improved a lot. Let's here from people who received the update about that.

I just received a reply on the mail I sent to MG Netherlands asking about, amongst others, the app for the ZS EV. They tell me that the European version of the car doesn't have the 4G module, so the app will never come. Bummer :mad:
They also say the update has been rolled out and besides the improvements in the warning signals they claim that the speed of the infotainment system should also be improved a lot. Let's here from people who received the update about that.
Let’s hope the infotainment system speed does improve as that is a little annoying and sometimes unresponsive.

@Mark Holmes, @buzzbuzz
Some good news at least.
With regards to the 4/5G module and app, I am told it may be quite straightforward for MG to upgrade our cars if MG wanted to.
We all need to bunch together and ask for it and maybe we will get the 4/5 module and app.
I hope fellow members will show support for meaningful action such as a petition to MG UK, MG EU and MG China.
Anyway going by the clear lack of abundant contribution to this discussion thread, I think there is only very little support for any action so I guess .........well maybe that's it.

@Mark Holmes, @buzzbuzz
Some good news at least.
With regards to the 4/5G module and app, I am told it may be quite straightforward for MG to upgrade our cars if MG wanted to.
We all need to bunch together and ask for it and maybe we will get the 4/5 module and app.
I hope fellow members will show support for meaningful action such as a petition to MG UK, MG EU and MG China.
Anyway going by the clear lack of abundant contribution to this discussion thread, I think there is only very little support for any action so I guess .........well maybe that's it.
I am a silent supporter of this petition!

Thanks Guys,
@Marc from Netherlands, @Chrispydoc,
I follow your regular contributions and know you are among some who have will love to have improvements to the car if these are feasible.
The issue seems however that we need more members who are like minded. I understand we have 253 members. We will need to demonstrate support from at least 150 members to be truly representative of the community then we can petition effectively. Even then @Stuart Wright seems to imply we need support from other groups such as the MG Facebook group.
I was hoping there will be much more support here then we could approach the FB group to enlist their support. The problem with the FB group is that it for MG in general and I do not think there is one purely for the ZS EV but they are quite proactive and I am sure they will support a progressive petition.
I just don't know what to do now to show there is support. Any ideas?

Yes, a lot of UK members of this community do not do Facebook. That should not be an issue if they show their support here. We can seek the support from the FB group from a few who are co-members of both groups.
The MG Motors UK - unofficial is the UK Facebook group for MGs current vehicles and is for all MGs not ZS EV alone.
All the other MG FB groups are for the older series Rover/Midget etc.

I'm also in for any updates, especially if it includes the ability for the driver to make a reduction in volume of the "BONGS". It would also be good for the horn warning not to sound when the passenger door is opened. It is highly embarrassing in a quiet residential street.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom