• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Local perks for EV owners

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Idea shamelessly stolen from the Speakev forum.

Here in Leeds we have free parking in council owned car parks and in pay and display areas. Also as part of the Combined West Yorkshire Authority there are free dispense Rapid chargers (Engie) all over the place.

What are other councils providing ?

Nothing in Rochdale! Most of the free chargers have now been changed over to pay ones .

Idea shamelessly stolen from the Speakev forum.

Here in Leeds we have free parking in council owned car parks and in pay and display areas. Also as part of the Combined West Yorkshire Authority there are free dispense Rapid chargers (Engie) all over the place.

What are other councils providing ?
I live in Rotherham and I tried to apply for the Leeds one and was informed it's residents only so no Joy.
I was however successful with the Sheffield one, maybe because Rotherham has a Sheffield (S) post code.
Rotherham council has nothing for free.

In Highland most are free, but In Moray, Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire they are introducing charging fees.

Scottish Government have said today that they want to stop the sale of ICE cars two years earlier than the rest of the UK. They will need to step up the charger network improvements asap

But you have Gridserve in Essex :)
Yeah, it's pretty cool there but not free (Rapid).
I think their 22kW chargers are free to use, I haven't tried it yet but there were no screens or payment card readers on them, so assuming it's free - will be checking that out over the weekend and will report back.

There is a town center Tesco(Springfield Rd) and I haven't seen any there. There is another larger Tesco(Princes Rd) but not sure if they have any.
No mention of charging stations for both of these in Tesco's website, will do a drive around when I go there next to see if any tucked away at the ends of the car parks.

Yeah, it's pretty cool there but not free (Rapid).
I think their 22kW chargers are free to use, I haven't tried it yet but there were no screens or payment card readers on them, so assuming it's free - will be checking that out over the weekend and will report back.
On launch day I'm sure they said the first 2 weeks at Gridserve were all going to be free to use, or am I dreaming?

@Mark Holmes
There's a couple of (Fast) freebees in Colchester, one at Tesco at the Hythe and one at the shopping centre at Tollgate (when its working).
Not sure if I should invite you down the A12 to Colchester.........we are in a lower Tier than you!

Hi All,
For those in Manchester and Greater Manchester most if not all then most of the old GMEV chargers have now been changed to Be.EV but the good news is that most of them will remain free till early next year.
So please check your nearest Be.EV units for free top ups. The free Be.EV units will still work with your old GMEV cards.
Remember Covid is about........
Keep Safe, Mask Up, Keep Social Distance and Wash Hands.

Tesco - Great Notley - Free
Sainsbury - SWF - Free
Tesco - Pitsea - Free
Tesco Extra - Basildon (A127) - Free
Roseville Ltd - Great Burstead/Barleylands - Free

All fairly local for me if shopping around there, other wise I use SWF shop and/or just leave it there for 3 hours only.

Lidl in Maldon and Witham charge you. Pity if you use Maldon's Tesco or Aldi you could shop walk between.

My council just launched a survey about EVs and what they should do.
I completed it.
Good that they are talking about it.
We have the Jaguar Land rover factory in our council area so this may be a factor.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom