Locking Wheel Nuts

ARealHuman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hey All,

I'm surprised the car doesn't come with them! Can anyone recommend a decent set? :unsure:

Thanks,

ARH

Hey All,

I'm surprised the car doesn't come with them! Can anyone recommend a decent set? :unsure:

Thanks,

ARH
Gamer, and a biker, sold my VFR800 to help buy my EV but just bought an old 2000 ZXR6 to satisfy the 2 wheel urge after 7 months without a bike.

Regards

Frank

PS One of the members has fitted locking nuts, I am confident they will reply.

Hey All,

Thanks,

ARH
Crispy doc has recommended a seller on e bay called mg spares. They cost about £25 ,from MG dealers they cost £60. I would get a set as the alloys on MG are unique and diamond cut and will cost a lot too replace. Luckily got mine free with car, thanks to PERRYS dealership.Hope this helps.

Took the advice on here today and ordered a set on Ebay, has to be better than buying new wheels.

Better safe than sorry!! A new set is in the region of about £200 each or more as diamond cut and unique.

I saw them on e bay too if you go on the search bar just put in locking wheel nuts 2020 mg zs and it was the second item listed on there.Just over £30 with postage and the user is mgspares as already mentioned in another thread.I have not picked up my car yet as i am waiting for a company called podpoint to come and fit the 7k home charger.Seems no rush but we are in very difficult times at the moment.

Perrys dealership North West customer service was fantastic.Car picked up last Thursday ( flowers,bubbly and chocolates on passenger seat).This Monday PoPoint installed, on time, neat cabling and cleared up all the mess and explained the working.Fab job done by both parties.??

I also took your advice and bought from EBay.cost £30.45 including postage. Delivery in 2 days. As said better safe than sorry.
Received them today. Fit well and good quality. Over covers don’t fit onto the locking wheel nut. Remember to remove wheel nut covers first. I didn’t order the spare wheel. This meant no spanner or jack. Will be getting a wheel kit for peace of mind.

It's odd that the plastic caps don't fit over the locking wheel nut. Also, what does everyone torque them up to?

It's odd that the plastic caps don't fit over the locking wheel nut. Also, what does everyone torque them up to?
That was why I mentioned it. They look fine for me and the cost was good. The tightness was done by feel as I have been doing for many years. Not perfect but it works for me.

The wheel bolts must be tightened to the
specified torque after changing a wheel
(115~ 130 Nm)

The wheel bolts must be tightened to the
specified torque after changing a wheel
(115~ 130 Nm)
Are they Wheel Nuts or Bolts seen both mentioned in this post unfortunately not picking up car until Sept so cant check myself

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom