Looking for a facelift ZS EV? Chorley Group have got loads!

Miles Roberts CG

MGEVs.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi All,

We've managed to secure around 60 (sixty) Standard Range ZS EV (51kWh) in a variety of colours and specifications. Mainly Trophy, but there are some SE, and a couple of Trophy Connects.

They are due into us by the end of May (2022, before anyone jokes "which year?") :ROFLMAO:

1652460187214.png

If you'd like a quote for finance, or a price with a part exchange, please contact:

Burnley MG - 01282 507780
Chorley MG - 01257 448899

Mention that you're a forum member, and they'll throw in a Type2 charging cable, and a set of mats for you.

Last edited:

fatgit

Standard Member
Reaction score
@Miles Roberts CG hope you don't mind me asking a quick question?
Was the offer for the cable and mats open to Motability customers too?
Just wondering as I did mention your name when swapping my order and will be collecting next week at Burnley after the wheelchair hoist is fitted on Wednesday but I never thought to ask Daniel about it.
Would be handy if it is as we're having to pay £350 more than planned for the hoist but understand if it was for retail customers only :)

Miles Roberts CG

MGEVs.com Sponsor
Reaction score
@Miles Roberts CG hope you don't mind me asking a quick question?
Was the offer for the cable and mats open to Motability customers too?
Just wondering as I did mention your name when swapping my order and will be collecting next week at Burnley after the wheelchair hoist is fitted on Wednesday but I never thought to ask Daniel about it.
Would be handy if it is as we're having to pay £350 more than planned for the hoist but understand if it was for retail customers only :)
Motability customers get a charging cable included as standard.

BrianG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
For most of us oldies, a range further than our bladder capacity suffices. Where I think the advantage in the MK 2 may be is in being able to heat the battery so that it actually charges rapidly. My MK 1 is great but I would like to do some longer trips once the NHS gets a grip on my health; and it isn't the range that is too problematic but stopping at the row of Instavolt chargers at Banbury and suffering a mere 35 kW charging speed when the temperature is ~ 14 deg C. If and when the charging infrastructure is so good that you don't need a buffer of more than 20 miles left in the battery 195 mile range will be perfectly adequate. Stop at 175 miles or at about 3 hours with a prewarmed battery, charge for 25 minutes should add 30 kWh enough for another 100 miles. Journeys like @MichaelJHunt above would be once a year for most people and his failure was to arrive home with any charge at all! (My missus goes nuts as the car gets to 10 miles from home and bongs repeatedly to remind me I am running on fumes!) But that saves pennies and time.

And a question for Miles or anyone else for that matter, from what I read the SR has a more powerful motor, significantly so. Is it higher geared so that the motor will wear better? The MK 1 revs up to 8-9,000 revs, that is less of a worry with a rotating motor than with a poorly balanced reciprocating motor but longevity of bearings is always better if they run slower?

[ Edited Coulomb: I answered the above in what is now a new thread: SR versus LR motor, charging speed etc. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG4 News + MG5 Pricing and Specification Announcements
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Top Bottom