• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Low speed cruise control.

MGRick

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
A quick question regarding cruise control.

My existing car, yes I’m still waiting for my MG, will only allow the cruise control to be set to 30mph or more. Is there a similar restriction on the MG Mk2 LR ?

If you engage ACC below 20, which you can, it will display 20 mph as the set speed but it will slow to a stop behind traffic and then go again when the traffic flow resumes. It may need a prod of the accelerometer but it prompts you to do this. Very useful on motorway jams.

Thank you for all your answers, it’s good that the CC can be set to 20 mph as I understand that all 30 mph in Wales are going to be reduced to 20 mph in due course !

My existing car, yes I’m still waiting for my MG, will only allow the cruise control to be set to 30mph or more. Is there a similar restriction on the MG Mk2 LR ?
Yes it’s 20mph or 30kph. Use speed limiter in slow urban environment. As the speed limiter regens while the cruise uses mechanic brakes and is a waste of energy.
Only MG do it , as Nissan will regen on cruise control.

Thank you for all your answers, it’s good that the CC can be set to 20 mph as I understand that all 30 mph in Wales are going to be reduced to 20 mph in due course !
Use speed limiter as it deals with 0 -20 mph better. You control the distance and de acceleration, it’s just smoother.

Something else to be aware of in cruise control: My ZS EV has a very annoying trait of slowing down on bends - it's most embarrassing. You have to anticipate bends and put your foot on the throttle... or drive on the racing line to straighten the curve.

We've had 20 mph through our village for a couple of years now. Sadly ignored by a persistent few.

Something else to be aware of in cruise control: My ZS EV has a very annoying trait of slowing down on bends - it's most embarrassing. You have to anticipate bends and put your foot on the throttle... or drive on the racing line to straighten the curve.
I agree Andy. What I think is happening is that collision avoidance kicks in when it detects a vehicle coming in the opposite direction on bends, or it detects an obstacle eg a wall.

I agree Andy. What I think is happening is that collision avoidance kicks in when it detects a vehicle coming in the opposite direction on bends, or it detects an obstacle eg a wall.
I don’t think it is collision avoidance kicking in, I understand from the manual that the deceleration on bends is a feature and is proportional to the amount that the steering wheel is turned.

I wish it could be turned off. I overcome it by resting my foot on the pedal.

Yes it’s 20mph or 30kph. Use speed limiter in slow urban environment. As the speed limiter regens while the cruise uses mechanic brakes and is a waste of energy.
Only MG do it , as Nissan will regen on cruise control.
Or more precisely only the MG ZS EV does it, the MG5 does regen on cruise control :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom