Low speed wind noise - roof bars?

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone get wind noise at low speed (up to about 30mph) from the roof area? I’m guessing it’s the roof bars? It seems worse on some days than on others.

Thanks - I wonder if it’s the pedestrian warning noise that I’m hearing? Or maybe a particular motor whining noise? it definitely sounds like medium pitched wind whistling around the roof area. I normally have music on - only recently i noticed it but I guess it must have always been there. I took the roof aerial off but it made no difference.

Thanks - maybe it’s just me! I’ll have another listen tomorrow.

I do get noise from driver side, it sounds like window is slightly open, but it is not. Sound is more noticeable when driving fast. I was thinking to take it to dealer.

I also get some wind noise from the roof, I was driving 135 km. Yesterday in -3 degrees. It was very noticeable, more than ever before, I don't know if it was because of the cold that it gone worse?
I also have a little wind noise comming from the driver's door, like the window is not closed.

That’s interesting - I don’t notice anything really at those speeds - mine is overall quite quiet.

That’s interesting - I don’t notice anything really at those speeds - mine is overall quite quiet.
Hi Cocijo.
I didn't drive 135 km/h. But that was the distance:).
But I did drive at the motorway at speeds up until 105km/h.
The noise was more like a hawling in the wind, it started already after 60km/h. It was quit windy yesterday, but I have never experienced that kind of hawling before. Today I didn't experience any of that hawling when I was driving my daughter to school. So I hope for a one off.

Hi Cocijo.
I didn't drive 135 km/h. But that was the distance:).
But I did drive at the motorway at speeds up until 105km/h.
The noise was more like a hawling in the wind, it started already after 60km/h. It was quit windy yesterday, but I have never experienced that kind of hawling before. Today I didn't experience any of that hawling when I was driving my daughter to school. So I hope for a one off.
Yes - sorry my fault. My noise is at very low speed. I‘ve tried to record it but it doesn’t really pick it up. It is a low howl noise though 🙂. I’m wondering of it’s something else other than wind noise.

Any snow on the roof when these noises occur ?
No - I did think of that too 🙂. I’ve noticed there’s quite a lip at the front where the sunroof sits quite low in the roof. I’ll try to post a pic. I wonder if this is normal?

Attachments

• A8C972C9-D8DD-41D6-A401-A8D88AA6373B.jpeg
    A8C972C9-D8DD-41D6-A401-A8D88AA6373B.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 137
I disconnected my pedestrian alert, not a fan of the noise.

Last edited:
No - I did think of that too 🙂. I’ve noticed there’s quite a lip at the front where the sunroof sits quite low in the roof. I’ll try to post a pic. I wonder if this is normal?
That could be the problem, mine's flush with the roof. It looks like your sunroof needs some adjustment.

I’ve also mentioned on a separate post about the area outside the main rubber sunroof seal being wet. I don’t think that this is related - you can see from the pic that the front edge that sits outside the seal is wet.

Attachments

• 7AC85F94-E916-4B47-8537-5A4298A3D406.jpeg
    7AC85F94-E916-4B47-8537-5A4298A3D406.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 150
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom