Park's MG Brechin - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Ordered MG5 Exclusive Westminster Silver, Just waiting on Energy Savings Trust Loan to complete. expected to complete around 5th February. Not even seen the car in the flesh yet let alone test driven it? Have agreed sale subject to loan & test drive!

Picked mine up today. Friendly staff and they are essential closed other than click n collect or pre-order deliveries. Got charged £££ labour for fitting protection pack and bumper guard plus dog guard. Got a free charger cable so didn’t complain, worked out the same. Also, times are hard on businesses, so didn’t really mind paying for labour these days. Better that they remain open and survive for the future.

I'll leave a link here to my post from when I was deciding on and purchasing my ZS EV which includes my experience of Mackie Motors:
Deciding on which EV and MG ZS EV test drive experience

To highlight some of the key points:
"I took the car back to the dealer and quite honestly had the worst dealer experience I've ever had. He didn't seem remotely interested in trying to sell me the car. It was like he expected me to hand in the keys and take off. I had to ask him if we could talk pricing. I asked if they'd been able to value the car and they said no, they couldn't give me a value on the car until "nearer the time" ?. i said what do you mean nearer the time? They said that because the car if ordered wouldn't arrive until march/April, they would have to value the car then. I said that's fair enough, but to know if I want to go ahead with a purchase, I need at least an indicative trade in price for the mini to know if it's viable. They said they have no idea how much the car is going to depreciate between now and then so they couldn't. I was pretty much out and disinterested at this point. but I went ahead and asked for prices on the Exclusive. He quite reluctantly did some tapping on a calculator and came back with a monthly price of £350...
That was not at all what I was expecting given the advertisments on MG and this particular dealers own websites. I expressed my dissapointment quite calmly, and thought I'd just enquire. Does that consider the £500 deposit you require? "Oh, no I haven't discounted that" - and then I asked about larger deposits and again made the point about the trade in but it didn't seem to be going anywhere so i just said I'd think about it. I've had no follow up with them at all.
So I like the car, won't be using that dealer, and am currently looking at options."
To be fair, I may have just caught them on a bad day, or maybe it was someone new we were dealing with, I really don't know. But they just seemed completely uninterested in even trying to sell me the car. I returned the test drive car with the full intention of buying a ZS there and then, but instead I felt like I was inconveniencing them and they just wanted me to go away - so I did.

I do know others have had positive experiences, but for us, we really weren't feeling it so instead, went to Frasers of Falkirk where we had an excellent experience although the distance is more inconvenient from Aberdeen.

I got mine from Mackie, they were fine when I bought mine. Although they did charge me labour for fitting the protection pack for a brand new car!!! So I won’t be going back to them for service. Will try Peterhead MG instead.

hope to see you about in Aberdeen! I’m in a Silver MG5

The sales of the MG5 and test drives were all very good at Mackie Motors. Even at handover during end of lockdown, it was all very professional. It’s just that their charges for fitting the protection pack were a bit steep, given most other dealers for them for free with a new car - stuff like that goes a long way to earn loyalty from a customer….

Contacted Parks out of curiosity to get a valuation for my car to compare, got a car on order from Perth MG, emailed back and forward, no valuation just pushing for figures to work out a PCP deal. Asked to know what my monthly payment on my current car was so he could figure out how much it would depreciate between now and March. I pointed out to him my car will be worth the same now whether it's payed for or has an outstanding balance, similarly it will depreciate exactly the same amount come March.
He also told me if I just wanted a rough figure to go with valuation from the MG website, even though Parks offer that very option on their website, was obviously a hassle without the prospect of a sale, certainly no chance of that now if they have that attitude just when you make an enquiry

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom