Maintain vehicle soon message

MGZEV2022

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I had my car on service this week. After service the maintain vehicle soon message appear. Earlier it was coming every 500 km but it was easy to reset it. Now when I try to reset it is not possible. Nothing happens when i click on the reset button in the display.

I have long way to service center. Anyone who can help me with any tips to solve this issue. The repair shop say that they will send out an over the air update but i dont receive any.

Attachments

• 16572830375057350638320576746086.jpg
    16572830375057350638320576746086.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 16572830823575559481424959241016.jpg
    16572830823575559481424959241016.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 142
I wish they would send an OTA update to fix this, i have this as well, but mine is after about 1000 km, but still annoying as hell.

When (If ever) they will do OTA and if this will fix your problem is anybody's guess.

My guess is that the dealer is trying to drag you on for time, and hope the problem solves itself, with an OTA update.

If you feel adventurous you could ask them, if they actually KNOW there is an OTA on the way, and if it will fix this problem.

I think a lot of people in here would be interested in the answer, as there has been 0 OTA updates in this cars lifetime, even though they touted this as a great feature of the Mk2

I wish they would send an OTA update to fix this, i have this as well, but mine is after about 1000 km, but still annoying as hell.

When (If ever) they will do OTA and if this will fix your problem is anybody's guess.

My guess is that the dealer is trying to drag you on for time, and hope the problem solves itself, with an OTA update.

If you feel adventurous you could ask them, if they actually KNOW there is an OTA on the way, and if it will fix this problem.

I think a lot of people in here would be interested in the answer, as there has been 0 OTA updates in this cars lifetime, even though they touted this as a great feature of the Mk2
You have right. There was no OTA upgrade coming. The issue still appear and the service shop cannot fix it. Very strange. So after my service it is not possible to reset the service indikator. Very bad.

I think the service light comes on as the cars (or at least the infotainment) were originally built about a year ago and this the sign comes up.

For me, a trip to my dealer (and various updates to 5 different parts of the software) resolved the problem.

For me, a trip to my dealer (and various updates to 5 different parts of the software) resolved the problem.
Hi Luis, do you know which update fixed the issue? I get the warning every 750 miles. Its annoying knowing it shouldn't do that but I just reset the counter. Everytime it happens, my heart skips a beat! 😖

Oh - I was not aware the light comes back after 750 miles (I’ve not driven that far since the updates). That’s a very annoying bug.

I’m going to try to get an updated list of all updates from my dealer in a week or so when I can get to them (assuming they are happy to share the knowledge - I hope so as they are very friendly and seem very competent)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom