Maintain vehicle soon

Martin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a Trophy connect and have done about 700 miles so far. An orange warning light has come on with the words "maintain vehicle soon". I've looked in the online handbook, but can find nothing about this message. MG don't seem to know and have asked me to book it in. However, it seems very minor to me, it might just want me to polish it (joke). I can't just take it to the garage every time it needs the windscreen washer refilling. Has anyone else had this message? Or does anyone know what it specifically refers to?

That is a commonly seen message after a short time of ownership. Another MG gliche. I have just learned to ignore it. I would not believe a garage that says they are not aware of the problem.

Mine has it. Service is due in December and I was told to ignore it until then because if you reset it before the day of the service, you’ll get the same thing the following year on the day you reset it. Example if I reset it today (29/06/22), the message will reappear on 29/06/23, despite being serviced in December 22.

I got my ZS LR back on monday. They Did a software upgrade and now it seems fine. I've also had a unknown system failure that led to a complete shutdown so i had to have it towed to the workshop. The next day it started as normal at the workshop, but still with the "Maintain vehicle Soon".

My garage said "Known problem" we will update the software next time we get it in, until then, just keep resetting it.

To be honest, the service indicator should be reset by the dealer at the time of the PDI checks, prior to collection by the new owner.
I suspect some dealers are either forgetting to reset it, not told to do it, or more likely, don’t even know about it !.
If it was reset at the time of the PDI then it would / should not call for a service to be done until 12 months after that date.
I have a LR facelift which has covered over 3,000 miles, to-date I have not witnessed the service warning ⚠️.
I have checked when my service is due in the head unit and it matches the date of the service sticker that has been placed in the inside / top right hand side of the front windscreen.
This has been placed their by the supplying dealer at the time of the PDI check.
This is a visual reminder to myself, when my service is due and MAY suggest the service counter WAS reset correctly by the supplying dealer at the time of the PDI check.
Would this theory then suggest some dealers are not resetting the service indicator, for the reasons I mentioned above ?.
Has it been missed off the check box sheet they should using when they do their checks.
Are some even using one for that matter !.
What do you think 🤔.

Would this theory then suggest some dealers are not resetting the service indicator, for the reasons I mentioned above ?.
Has it been missed off the check box sheet they should using when they do their checks.
Are some even using one for that matter !.
I think so. I get the warning triangle every 750-1000 miles. I just press the reset button as I can't drive with that yellow warning triangle looking at me!

I think so. I get the warning triangle every 750-1000 miles. I just press the reset button as I can't drive with that yellow warning triangle looking at me!
I am a little puzzled why it keeps appearing on your car ?.
I can’t remember now, but can you select a date in the future to reset it too ?.
Or does it just allow you to reset it only ?.
Maybe that would explain why it keeps appearing every 1,000 miles or so.
If so, this would explain it can only be future set by the dealer !.
As my car has now covered 3,000 miles without the warning, then maybe the Chorley lads have done it correctly ?.
Well done Chorley lads if so !.

I am a little puzzled why it keeps appearing on your car ?.
I can’t remember now, but can you select a date in the future to reset it too ?.
Or does it just allow you to reset it only ?.
Maybe that would explain why it keeps appearing every 1,000 miles or so.
If so, this would explain it can only be future set by the dealer !.
As my car has now covered 3,000 miles without the warning, then maybe the Chorley lads have done it correctly ?.
Well done Chorley lads if so !.
Mine counts down from 24000km but when it gets a tad below 23000 it wants me to maintain my vehicle soon.

Normally it will be something like "24.000 kilometers OR 1 year" will trigger

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom