Maldarizzi, Bari - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Absolutely to be avoided!!!

In October I went to Maldarizzi (the headquarters in Bari) to order a new MG4 Luxury. Arrived in January, was delivered to me in February. According to them, all that time was to do software updates. Too bad, however, that the car was delivered to me with the old software with which it comes from the factory.

On May 18, I took the car to the same dealership for 2 software recalls, and above all for various software problems (related to having the old software), as well as for some noises that were heard.

When booking the appointment, I was told over the phone that I could leave the car in the morning and pick it up in the evening. I have repeatedly asked for confirmation of this, because I live 300 km away (round trip).

On the day of delivery, after giving me the papers for taking charge of the car, the gentleman at reception informs me, with incredible coldness, that their colleague on the phone had given me incorrect information and that only the software update required about 10 days!! Talking in our online MG group, with other owners of the same car, for everyone, the same updates took half a day.

After a heated discussion, considering that, according to them, no courtesy car was planned, nor was it available at the time, they told me they would try to complete the job in the same day.

After walking around for 8 hours! (fortunately the city deserves), they call me, asking me to go back to the dealership. There they tell me that they have had problems with the updates and that the display doesn't turn on anymore!! So they should have heard MG and checked how to fix it and if it was necessary to physically change it!! But, coincidentally, a courtesy car had just become available, a petrol-powered pandina.

The following week, I call several times to get news (otherwise no one would inform me of anything!) and they confirm that they have to order the display board and that they have no idea how long it will take.

After 1 month of calls, PEC, money spent on a lawyer, at my umpteenth call (they kept giving me no information) suddenly the car was ready! This means that the spare part had already been shipped for a while, but obviously no communication about it! If someone had warned me, at least I would have saved more money for the lawyer!

On the day of collection of the car, established by them, all the staff who followed my car were on vacation! So I couldn't ask for anything, nor test the car with one of their technicians! Of course, not everything has been resolved!

Their total lack of communication is unnerving! All in all, the commercial works, but the workshop is absolutely to be avoided!! Reading the feedback, the positive reviews are from those who limited themselves to buying (and therefore the judgment is purely on the commercial side) or to booking a simple coupon! While those who have had problems of various kinds with their car always complain about the same things: total absence of information and communications, very long and uncertain times, no courtesy car, inexperience with new generation cars! They have remained at the time when the maximum technology was a diagnosis on the OBD socket. 2 months to do a software update! (even on the same online groups, I've read that their offices like Matera, unfortunately, have not even been equipped with equipment for updates and therefore must always contact Bari ...), incorrect charging cables! Today we need good mechatronics or we need to combine computer scientists with the classic mechanics.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your problems and thanks for highlighting them here. I hope they get sorted soon. Nice bike by the way ;-)

On October 24, 2022, I ordered an MG4 Luxury, which I picked up on February 9, 2023.

On May 18, I took the car to the same dealership for 2 software recalls (SC-47 and SC-49) and various other software-related issues (LKA, bluetooth connection, FM and DAB radio, black screen) as well as vibrations that could be felt (center display and right rear door). This dealership is quite large, with 6 locations throughout the region, and multiple branches in the same city!

Over the phone, I was told that I could drop off the car in the morning and pick it up in the evening. However, when I arrived there, the person at the reception, with incredible coldness, told me that his colleague had given me wrong information over the phone, and that software updates would take about 10 days!! After a heated discussion and considering that, according to them, MG does not provide a courtesy car for any kind of problem, they said they would try to complete the updates within the day.

After wandering around on foot for 8 hours (the dealership is 300 km away from home, round trip), they called me and asked me to come back to the dealership. I went there and they told me that they had issues with the updates, and now the display doesn't turn on anymore! So they have to contact MG and see how to resolve it, and if they need to physically replace the display!! But coincidentally, a petrol-powered Panda was just made available as a courtesy car.

The following week, I called for updates and they confirmed that they need to order a new display and have no idea how long it will take.

I also sent a couple of emails to MG Italy. They responded that they are putting pressure on the central warehouse to expedite the process, but no one can give me any timeframe, even an estimated one.

I asked the same dealership for a slightly larger courtesy car, considering that we have children and a baby stroller barely fits in the Panda, but according to them, they don't have any!

I have spent almost 40,000 euros to first have a car full of bugs and noises (not to mention missing navigation, voice commands, and voice guidance in Italian, despite being advertised as OTA-upgradable), and now to be left completely stranded without any idea of how long I will have to wait! Through an Italian group, I am aware of people who have been waiting for over 3 months for a simple headlight replacement (a basic spare part)!
I only just found this part of the site....
I can't believe we have had such similar issues..!
Did you see the video I made on the subject..?

I only just found this part of the site....
I can't believe we have had such similar issues..!
Did you see the video I made on the subject..?

Hello, yes, true, very similar story. If nothing else, your dealership seems to have been more correct, immediately offering you a courtesy car (diesel but similar in size) and then an alternative car. Maldarizzi didn't want to give me any courtesy cars, in the end they gave me a petrol Fiat Panda!! Consider that I have 2 small children! And we were about to leave for the holidays!! And they didn't offer me alternatives!! In fact they didn't really feel like it!! Anyway I'm updating the review. After picking up the car I still have a bug (the left star starts the air conditioner first every time) (besides the bluetooth bug like everyone else). But of course I won't go to Maldarizzi's anymore!! I will look for another MG center

Hello, yes, true, very similar story. If nothing else, your dealership seems to have been more correct, immediately offering you a courtesy car (diesel but similar in size) and then an alternative car. Maldarizzi didn't want to give me any courtesy cars, in the end they gave me a petrol Fiat Panda!! Consider that I have 2 small children! And we were about to leave for the holidays!! And they didn't offer me alternatives!! In fact they didn't really feel like it!! Anyway I'm updating the review. After picking up the car I still have a bug (the left star starts the air conditioner first every time) (besides the bluetooth bug like everyone else). But of course I won't go to Maldarizzi's anymore!! I will look for another MG center
The Panda is only just big enough for two...! I used lots of choice words and twice threatened to reject the car... hopefully it comes across the people I dealt with were very good considering the special way customer care can be in Italy...MG Europe never replied to any of my messages...I'm not finished with them yet 😉
The left star 😳 it's the right with mine....now I've worked the system out it not too bad although the set temperature is a joke, you just have to adjust up or down and turn the fan down...
Best of luck getting things sorted...let us know how it goes..
I'm quickly getting to grips with the "quirks" and the more I understand the car the easier it is to live with...I just made a video showing how I've connected my phone to Applecarplay wirelessly and at the moment it's flawless..

Ps it might be worth putting you experiences in the comments of the video, I'm trying to build a case up 😇

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom