Mangoletsi MG - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Took my ZS EV in to Mangoletsi for it's 1st service last week (early November 2021).
The service was done on time, I was given a "while you wait" option but as I had asked for the Comfort 2 update, they offered me a courtesy car.
The service cost £93, Comfort 2 update was £78 and the courtesy car (petrol, no electric option) charged at £10.
Overall no complaints, although no teddy bear offered or receieved!

I've used Mangoletsi for 10 years now as in my heart I'm an Alfisti (Alfa Romeo fan for those who didn't know!) and have a Stelvio right now. I ordered an MG5 LR at the end of November (as Alfa are very slow to join the EV game) and am joining others in waiting patiently for my car to land!

Mango's has a bad reputation for some people but I find them good. The one criticism of them is the lack of communication in situations like this where you are waiting for a car to arrive. It's a case of you having to chase them which I think is a bit rubbish but they are OK otherwise

I've used Mangoletsi for 10 years now as in my heart I'm an Alfisti (Alfa Romeo fan for those who didn't know!) and have a Stelvio right now. I ordered an MG5 LR at the end of November (as Alfa are very slow to join the EV game) and am joining others in waiting patiently for my car to land!

Mango's has a bad reputation for some people but I find them good. The one criticism of them is the lack of communication in situations like this where you are waiting for a car to arrive. It's a case of you having to chase them which I think is a bit rubbish but they are OK otherwise
I've bought a couple of cars from them back when I was a FIAT fan, pleased to see they've expanded their range.
In regards to communication, I think that's a dealer thing, I've had the same with all sorts of dealers.

Yeah it might be a dealer thing but sometimes they need to realise that a lot is at stake for the customer needing information quickly.

An example is that I phoned up yesterday because I was considering changing my order as I really wanted an MG ZS EV. At the time I ordered the MG5 only the long range version was available but it was coming in too expensive. Now the salesman was brilliant. They had a Standard range SE in the colour I wanted at the showroom so I swapped my order over.

But I need to tell Smart Home Charge of the new order number as this might invalidate my grant application for my home charger which is due to be installed on the 4th March. So I asked to sort this out ASAP and they said sure. Except they didn't and I've heard nothing since. I phone them up today and some salesman was not keen to help as the one I was dealing with was on leave.

So I'll have to leave it till Monday and hope this doesn't jeopardise my grant application as it ends on 30th March.

All it needed was the salesman to respond quickly.

And this isn't the first time Mangoletsi have done this to be honest.

Good news at the end though. Unfortunately (for me) the MG brand ambassador who I have been dealing with was on leave but contacted me on Monday morning to apologise for not sorting the order form for me. Seems as it was an administrator error but was quickly resolved. I managed to get the order form and Smart Home Charge were perfectly fine with it so no issues there.

Best thing of all.. I pick up my ZS on Monday!

I would recommend Dean Charlesworth there. A very good man to deal with!

Good news at the end though. Unfortunately (for me) the MG brand ambassador who I have been dealing with was on leave but contacted me on Monday morning to apologise for not sorting the order form for me. Seems as it was an administrator error but was quickly resolved. I managed to get the order form and Smart Home Charge were perfectly fine with it so no issues there.

Best thing of all.. I pick up my ZS on Monday!

I would recommend Dean Charlesworth there. A very good man to deal with!
We ordered an MG4 from Dean in Oct 22, he then left, Dan Lucas took over momentarily then he left, the sales manager (Kevin?) has also left. Wtf is going on there ? Still no confident delivery date for our car. Sick of chasing them.

We bought our 4 from Mango. I used them last in 1985 to fix a rear box on my 1978 'sud. What an incredible change to the performance it made!

I think we went 5 times to test drive the car, interspersed with test drives of other cars. We dealt with Joe, who managed to do a dealer swap for the model we wanted, in the colour we wanted. And best of all it only took a few weeks!

We have done 2500 ish miles now and were invited back to discuss any issues but haven't been back yet. I'm wondering when the first service is? Joe didn't say.

Mangoletsi have been the most patient dealer, with absolutely no pressure to buy. We started off driving an HS which I loved, but we realised there was no electric option.

Another dealer, not MG, (who invited me for test drives after I said was interested in driving two cars, one of which I had already test driven elsewhere) told me once I arrived, "You can't have a test drive in that car. I haven't got time. In any case, why would you want to drive it more than once?"

What the heck?

We eventually took delivery of our MG4 in March 2023, and that was only because we agreed to a different colour (for the 3rd time !) We arrived to pick it up and they weren't expecting us ! All after-sales engagements have been mostly disappointing. Love the MG4, thinking of getting another, but there is no way i would buy it from Mangoletsi, they have failed us too many times.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom