Map updates Europe

Martinizi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Does anyone know where to get a hold of map updates? Maps in my Marvel are from early 2021… my dealer doesn’t know and since it’s just a question of loading a USB I want to do it myself.

7C31BD47-5281-44A0-96B9-E470794086DE.jpeg

Here is my baby btw… :)

Link to maps download

Here is a how to on the zs but could be similar?
I just updated maps on my 2022 ZS EV, they are now Q1 2022

This is how it's done

1. go to this website User manuals - Recharge yourself
2. Enter your VIN
3. Download the MAP update file (14 Gbyte)
4. The file you downloaded is compressed with RAR, it contains one folder "maps" which you need to decompress (Find decompression program at WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files)
5. Copy the folder "maps" onto a 32 GB or larger USB thumbdrive, make sure the "maps" folder is in the root of the drive and nothing else is on there
6. Insert the thumbdrive into your car's USB-A socket, power on the car, and go to settings / system and select "Update maps and VR data"
7. The car will say "Getting info" for up to 5 minutes after which it will let you continue
8. After continuing, the car will say "Checking MD5 hashes" and after a minute or 2 it will start the copy process. Expect 30 minutes for this operation.
9. When it finishes it will shortly say "Checking MD5 hash" again, after which it will prompt you to end the process, and it will then reboot the radio.

You now have the latest maps. :)

Hi, does anyone here know if they removed this method of updating since when I type in my vin nr i don't see the update file just the manuals

Hi, does anyone here know if they removed this method of updating since when I type in my vin nr i don't see the update file just the manuals
Looks like the manual for map update is not available in all countries. When I have selected Norway as region, the link for map update manual is gone, changing to Europe region and the link appears.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom