MG 4 AC Query

Rob875

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
The manual notes that it's possible to select windscreen, face and feet modes simultaneously, but on my SE LR I can get windscreen and feet or face and feet, but not all three at once. Is this normal?

Hi Rob875 I see you have just joined the Forum so welcome, so your question if you put the HVAC in Auto mode then it comes out of everywhere but if you prefer to use manual mode there is 3 buttons in the infotainment screen for each zone plus an a/c and Eco button plus the auto one as well, Eco cuts down the force of the HVAC as does the Eco drive mode.
Les

Last edited:
The manual notes that it's possible to select windscreen, face and feet modes simultaneously, but on my SE LR I can get windscreen and feet or face and feet, but not all three at once. Is this normal?
I'm fairly sure that on my Trophy I can get all three at once, but I'll have to check that - maybe it's switching one of the others off when I select the third and I haven't noticed!

Thanks. I have checked, and to get air out of all three I need to select auto, and then I can adjust temp and fan speed manually. So that's is not really auto, but manual reached via the auto option. Odd, but it lets me do what I want.

Just tried the wife’s 4 SESR and in manual you can only use 2 at a time so just use auto I think. In auto mode you get circulation through the windscreen feet on the left hand and right hand outer most famous face vents if you change the fan speed or temp while in auto it reverts to manual I just use the auto setting.
Les

If you change the fan speed or temp while in auto it does revert to "manual", but with air continuing to come out of all three sources, which you cannot do if you just go straight to manual.

If you change the fan speed or temp while in auto it does revert to "manual", but with air continuing to come out of all three sources, which you cannot do if you just go straight to manual.
I've just checked in my Trophy and I can select all three at the same time while in manual. I thought I could!

on a slightly different note , does anyone know how to turn the heating off altogether ?
I can o slide the vent speed down to 1 but don’t know how to turn it off .

on a slightly different note , does anyone know how to turn the heating off altogether ?
I can o slide the vent speed down to 1 but don’t know how to turn it off .
Pages 89, 90 of the owners manual

1678602945757.png

Hi Rob875 I see you have just joined the Forum so welcome, so your question if you put the HVAC in Auto mode then it comes out of everywhere but if you prefer to use manual mode there is 3 buttons in the infotainment screen for each zone plus an a/c and Eco button plus the auto one as well, Eco cuts down the force of the HVAC as does the Eco drive mode.
Les
Annoying that one cannot select the screen as well as the cabin heat vents - so need to keep switching on the screen for a short time to clear it and the passenger window gets misted up too which blocks the view of the wing mirror. Every other car I've had you can select what vents you wish, just a whim of the designers/software programmers who I expect don't even drive the car.

Annoying that one cannot select the screen as well as the cabin heat vents - so need to keep switching on the screen for a short time to clear it and the passenger window gets misted up too which blocks the view of the wing mirror. Every other car I've had you can select what vents you wish, just a whim of the designers/software programmers who I expect don't even drive the car.
You can/should be able to have both face (which includes sides) and screen selected at the same time. I think might have had this error at the beginning but it was sorted by a software update. Have you tied tapping those parts of the car on the interior view when the AC screen is up?

Front window vents are usually part of the windscreen setting on cars as you need both front side windows and windscreen to be clear to be able to drive safely.

You can/should be able to have both face (which includes sides) and screen selected at the same time. I think might have had this error at the beginning but it was sorted by a software update. Have you tied tapping those parts of the car on the interior view when the AC screen is up?
Options are screen or face or feet only, face + feet, screen + feet. But no screen + face. Where's the logic there? Yes, you can use 'Auto' to get all 3 but the fan runs too high and also tends to blast out cold air and switches on AC (which may start the cooler unit and hence use battery). Perhaps the software update has fixed this. My car was purchased at the beginning of January, so I don't know if it's the latest software.

Options are screen or face or feet only, face + feet, screen + feet. But no screen + face. Where's the logic there? Yes, you can use 'Auto' to get all 3 but the fan runs too high and also tends to blast out cold air and switches on AC (which may start the cooler unit and hence use battery). Perhaps the software update has fixed this. My car was purchased at the beginning of January, so I don't know if it's the latest software.
You should be able to get any combination according to the manual, and I’m certain I can. Mine arrived early in February but went back in for updates due to various annoyances. Which did include unresponsive “buttons” in the AC screen. Update sorted. Complain to your dealer until they sort it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 485 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back