• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG 4 Trophy auto updates?

dzwilkins

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I admit I might be loosing the plot, so let me explain, I have had my Orange MG4 since November 21, I have had no issues or faults with the car, I love it.

Today on my normal journey, I got a voice alert that I was “entering a school zone”, I travel this route almost every day and never had this before.

I have not had any updates since I have had the car, I thought the built in SAT nav was only updated via USB key?

Does the built in SAT nav get some data via the internet? My other thoughts are that it has always done this and I have not noticed, but I do not think this is correct as I do not use the built in SAT nav and was not using it at the time, or is it one of the thing that sometimes works and sometime does not, ie like the car greeting which some days works and other days does not.

The second thing I have noticed is that LKA, does not now try and kill me, I had started using it just to try as I was getting fed up turning if off each time I used the car. It is also less violent in correcting me and on places that it would try and steer the car to the side of the road it does not do that now. Does the MG 4 learn as it is used?

Just for context, for the last 3 weeks I just get in the car, leaving everything as default.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 422 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back