• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG 5 boot measurments

jsvare

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi! Does anyone have the boot space measurements for the MG5 EV? Considering buying one and am wondering if a large dog cage will fit.
Length , minimum width and height to roof would be great.

We have a 5 LR (only about a month old) and one of the reasons for getting it was we wanted an EV that we could fit our Labrador in - he is only a puppy at the moment but having had Labradors and Retrievers before we have some sense of how big they can get! When we looked a a cage for the boot one of the main problems we found was the way the back seats slope into the boot space and then the slope of the tailgate - the lip on the boot floor was also challenging! In the end we decided that to maximise space for our dog we would get a custom made cage. We found a company called Hamster Baskets in Ledbury and took the car there for them to measure the boot. They are making a custom cage with a “front” door and an escape door, hand holes for putting a lead on, cut outs with covers for the two corners of the boot where the adjustable floor brackets are. We decided to have the cage made to fit with the floor in the lower position (to maximise cage heigh) and stopping about 15cm short of the boot lip so we can fit a dog ramp in between the cage and the tailgate. To sort out the gap and the drop down between the lip and the cage the door will have a flap that folds down and rests on the lip. The cost is £340 - not cheap but having seen some of their other cages I think it is very good value! Lead (no pun intended) time is about 5 weeks so hopefully we should have it next week. I would be happy to post some photos when we get the cage and in the meantime I would also be happy to take some measurements but I am not sure how useful they will be because of all the slopes etc.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom