mg 5 ev app

john w

Established Member
Reaction score
will there ever be an uk app for the mg 5 ev i.e. showing state of charge and delayed charging and where the charge stations are

will there ever be an uk app for the mg 5 ev i.e. showing state of charge and delayed charging and where the charge stations are
Highly unlikely. I don't think the UK cars have the hardware to talk to an app.

It will be interesting to see if the new version is setup for it has an app.

Not with the current models as no hardware fitted.. In addition there is some challenge with where the servers are based, for the UK and EU China is not viewed as acceptable.

Thailand version of MG5 does not have iSmart App either. Only ZS EV does. I'm wondering if in the future as some of these cars become total losses in accidents, it might not be possible to figure out where the iSmart 'box' is in the ZS and hack it to work in the MG5 / MG EP?

Can anyone help me I have the mg5 on a 22 plate and an easee charge but I can't get more than 16kWh charge in the 4 hours on octopus go, easee say that the car is not excepting the 32amp that the charger is giving out and the car is restricting it to 16amp any views

Can anyone help me I have the mg5 on a 22 plate and an easee charge but I can't get more than 16kWh charge in the 4 hours on octopus go, easee say that the car is not excepting the 32amp that the charger is giving out and the car is restricting it to 16amp any views
Have you got the correct cable. If its a 16Amp 3 phase cable you won't get 32 Amps.

Is your EVSE wall box tethered or untethered and does it have a CT clamp for load limiting?
Does the car charge ok on a Rapid charger and other AC units and do you anyone who put their car on your EVSE?

Don't know what you're saying, only I use the charger Don't know what tethered is Don't know what a ct clamp is help

Does your wall box have a fixed lead or do you need to plug in both ends?
A CT clamp makes sure your EVSE charge point doesn't draw too much power if the house is also using a lot of power.
Have you only charged with this on unit?

I plug both ends in, don't know about CT clamp ,have charged at services and other rapid chargers

Did the type2 to type2 cable come with the car and does it work ok on other Fast EVSE charge points?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom