MG 5 order pending loan

Dickie0121

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just applied for a loan for MG 5 Exclusive in Westminster Silver. As I am unable to test drive one how should I proceed?

Wait until you can test drive, you should always purchase on your own experience and not what you hear from others or read online.
Thanks Mark. The price I have been quoted is £21641.18, this is only until March 2021 so I hope things allow for a test drive by then?

I'm in exactly the same boat, can't test drive the car, had a very good offer under the affinity scheme. I have been so,so tempted to go ahead, but I won't. I'm going ask tomorrow if they will honour this offer up until I test drive the car.

I can see your dilemma. I got the same deal and I'm very happy, and there's a bit of me that thinks if you go for it you won't regret it. But I still agree that a test drive is necessary. You just never know something might not work for you.

And that is my issue right there
You just never know something might not work for you.
I would be taking out the deal over a couple of year at least, and if I end up suffering from EV sickness, or just can't get on with the regen ( both highly unlikely) I'm stuck with it. I can't foresee anything that I can't come to terms with, but "famous last words" I'm sure the dealer will do right by me though. MG MK! take note;)

Under distance selling rules you can return a purchase without any reason within a certain timescale. Just a thought.

I test drove an MG5 and was very impressed.....but its your money and your decision.......Personally I liked it a lot. (I have been driving the ZS for a year) ....;)

That's a cracking deal, I can understand your dilemma.
The demo car I tried was sanitised before and after a test drive on my own last October, is this a big no-no now?

I have read on one review that the MG5 may loose up to 50% of its value in its 1st year! Only a petrol head could write this kind of of the cuff statement. All other reviews read have been very positive. Having only covered 3000 miles between MOT's I think the tme is right to make the shift over to an EV.

Yes no test drives allowed at all, pity really, I had 1 booked mid December but an administrative blunder stopped that, rebooked for Jan, and then we entered lockdown. The blunder is for me to hang over their head at point of sale we will get there Chrispydoc, that is good to know coming from a happy ZS owner.👍

Just applied for a loan for MG 5 Exclusive in Westminster Silver. As I am unable to test drive one how should I proceed?
I had the same dilemma, just decided to go for it in the end. The sensible thing to do is wait and test drive but so many people have made the move and are happy, I would have been more concerned being the first to buy, I have no previous EV experience, selling both of the family ice cars and taking the plunge.

I had the same dilemma, just decided to go for it in the end. The sensible thing to do is wait and test drive but so many people have made the move and are happy, I would have been more concerned being the first to buy, I have no previous EV experience, selling both of the family ice cars and taking the plunge.
Yes we are buying our 1st EV too. Having 2 dogs means it has to be an estate car. Most of our journeys will be less than 150 miles so I expect to charge it at home 90% of the time. I hear if you "Click & collect" you can return it within 7 days for a full refund should you really not like it?

Yes we are buying our 1st EV too. Having 2 dogs means it has to be an estate car. Most of our journeys will be less than 150 miles so I expect to charge it at home 90% of the time. I hear if you "Click & collect" you can return it within 7 days for a full refund should you really not like it?

Yes no test drives allowed at all, pity really, I had 1 booked mid December but an administrative blunder stopped that, rebooked for Jan, and then we entered lockdown. The blunder is for me to hang over their head at point of sale we will get there Chrispydoc, that is good to know coming from a happy ZS owner.👍
If your correct, I think you could be that no test drives are allowed how is it that two local dealers are giving their customers a courtesy vehicle during service. Doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks Mark. The price I have been quoted is £21641.18, this is only until March 2021 so I hope things allow for a test drive by then?
Hi. I'm thinking that is a good price £2k more that my reservation/order. I had since seen £22500 delivery by end of February March and for a March order £22750.
Care to name the dealer Dickie?

That, Richie I can't answer, when we went into Tier 4 I had my booked test drive cancelled as it wasn't allowed. Now in this lovely LD state there is no chance. It is what it is I suppose.
Edit
I am able to access the Affinity Programme for public sector employees courtesy of the good lady boss.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm thinking that is a good price £2k more that my reservation/order. I had since seen £22500 delivery by end of February March and for a March order £22750.
Care to name the dealer Dickie?
Mackie motors in Brechin.

Mackie motors in Brechin.
Thank you. Thats a 9hr trip for me. You boys at the top certainly get some good deals combined with the ev charger grant as well.
Maybe we should have your "Nicola" down here and reduce our doctors subscriptions, change our house buying/offer rules just to name a few. She could certainly give Boris a run for his money.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom