MG EHS no charging with the 240v charger

Szascha

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi,
I have a question regarding charging my MG HS.
I had the problem with the radio and due to that I unplug the 12v battery for15min and everything is fine with the radio.
Since that I got the problem with charging my car.
Not 1% is loading, the car says "connecting" but nothing else happen.
If someone of you have an idea what wrong?
Many thanks for your support.

You could try this start the car and give it a run out, on return plug the car in hold the plug in place until you see it charging on the screen. Hopefully it will be charging if not
go to the granny charger and see if the fault light is on.

You could try this start the car and give it a run out, on return plug the car in hold the plug in place until you see it charging on the screen. Hopefully it will be charging if not
go to the granny charger and see if the fault light is on.
Hi,
I tried to do this, but it does not work. Any other idea?
The granny charger seems ok, the fault light is not flashing.
The car react of place in the plug, then he tries to connect but nothing happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to prove if its the charging circuit on the car.
Are you using an extension lead from the mains to the car then plugging the granny charger into it? I had a problem where the granny charger would not work on an extension lead i had ( even though other power tools etc work on it) , i brought a 13A 10 M extension lead, then the granny charger worked.
Do you know someone who has a 7KW EV charger you could try , or do you have supermarkets ( like here in the uk ) where they have 7kw chargers free that you can use.
As this will help determine if its the granny charger ( or extension lead if you use one ) or the cars charging circuitry

I too have had diffuculties with extension leads (there's a label on the charger that tells you not to use them, however, needs must ...) and have also found that if the electricity goes through too many joints between the distribution board and the socket, the charger isn't always happy. I have sockets directly connected to the breakers at both locations I charge my HS and both now work every time.

One thing you need to use a heavy extensions lead look on screw fix for one.

I had a similar problem and eventually contacted Toughleads in Chard, Somerset for their excellent extension leads. They are extremely helpful. They provided me with exactly what I needed with plenty of clear and sensible advice. Contact Adrian South at Toughleads.co.uk. I have no connection with this company other than as a very satisfied customer.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom