Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG

How much range do you need?
We posted a poll on YouTube asking how much range people want

What is a charge curve?
Why does it exist? How does it affect the EV owner?

A Better Route Planner
Is this the best route planner for EV owners?
We should do a deep dive in to it.
Could I ask you all to please have a look at it, please? See what you think?

MG HS PHEV
General chat about the car.

Last edited:
I have just had a first look and play with ABRP. First impressions are it is quite detailed and I can see the potential benefits when the user has learned to adjust the settings to suit their preference. I tried planning a route for a journey I have already planned manually knowing exactly where I wanted to stop and how long to charge for. It took a little while and tweaking of the settings to 'force' it into what I wanted to do. Eventually it confirmed all the detail I had previously planned almost to the letter which I was pleased with. Next week I will be comparing the actual journey against the planned which is to explore the new Gridserve charging station at Braintree followed by the new Ecotricity Moto station north of Rugby. Overnight stop in Nuneaton and then return via Milton Keynes Coachway to home near Eastbourne. A round trip of around 400+ miles and 3 recharge stops. This will be the first motorway trip for my MG ZS using M23, M25, M11, M6 and M1. I have a week to explore the finer detail of ABRP and see what benefits it may add to my plans.

In summary I would say ABRP looks to be a useful tool and give it a thumbs up.

Doesn't seem to give options on route choices like Google maps does, I'm checking it against my route to /from work but it either chooses going 2 junctions on M1 or turn off highways and it gives a very long alternative route using the same 13‰ battery. I use what is normally Google route "b" which is one mile shorter than going 2 junctions on M1, it involves only 1 junction on M1 then "A" roads then city roads which all routes must include for the destination but this route only uses 7-8 % battery, so why is it not the first choice for this route calculator (in time it's 1 minute slower)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom