MG EVs Podcast Monday 28 February 2022 @ 7:30pm UTC

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG

We bring you the latest news from the world of MG EVs plus opinion from MG EV owners.
Have a look at the MG4 teaser video from MG.

Please reply with any feedback and suggestions.
Thanks

Hello, is there any possibility that you can re-post these YT videos as actual podcasts so we can subscribe & listen to them at anytime rather having to watch them?

Thanks

Hello, is there any possibility that you can re-post these YT videos as actual podcasts so we can subscribe & listen to them at anytime rather having to watch them?

Thanks
Have thought about that but it would involve creating an audio version, which isn’t an insignificant amount of effort plus during each podcast, we would have to consider the fact that the audience can’t see what’s happening on screen and modify how we operate. That last element isn’t so significant.
I’ll have a longer think about it, thanks

As a matter of interest, you can download the demuxed audio directly from YouTube in a variety of formats and audio bitrates. The smallest file available for the last broadcast is only about 26mb in size (OGG CODEC/48kbps).

May 2nd is looking good. Have to alternate with the AVForums podcast now also on Mondays plus we have a couple of bank holidays.
Appreciate the launch was covered in last podcast, but great to see if any further news on the MG4 and MG5 facelift landing in the UK.

Looks like no cars and no podcast either - things extremely quiet in MG word recently. Please in the next podcast can we focus on MG delivery delays and realistic details on what’s happening and when people can expect their cars ordered months and months ago - this is becoming a real saga now and everyone is getting mixed info from their dealers.

Looks like no cars and no podcast either - things extremely quiet in MG word recently. Please in the next podcast can we focus on MG delivery delays and realistic details on what’s happening and when people can expect their cars ordered months and months ago - this is becoming a real saga now and everyone is getting mixed info from their dealers.
Well you say, things look extremely quite in the MG world, one of the reason for that might be that most of the MG teething problems have now either been sorted out or owners have a very good chance of fixing or getting around them by reading this and other forums and the advice that is given in it by other members and with the same vehicles

I don’t really see the point of hold a podcast to talk about MG Delivery delays, as I don’t see what the hell we can do about them, or even how we get around them, this problem is not just confined to MG every make and model I think as the same issue at the moment

With regard to the dealers, I don’t think they have any more information than we have, and I’m also sure with Miles Roberts as a major contributor to the forum he will inform us the forum members, as and when things change or improve.
Les

Well you say, things look extremely quite in the MG world, one of the reason for that might be that most of the MG teething problems have now either been sorted out or owners have a very good chance of fixing or getting around them by reading this and other forums and the advice that is given in it by other members and with the same vehicles

I don’t really see the point of hold a podcast to talk about MG Delivery delays, as I don’t see what the hell we can do about them, or even how we get around them, this problem is not just confined to MG every make and model I think as the same issue at the moment

With regard to the dealers, I don’t think they have any more information than we have, and I’m also sure with Miles Roberts as a major contributor to the forum he will inform us the forum members, as and when things change or improve.
Les
I thought the main aim of the podcast was to have a nice community engagement. It was hardly meant to discuss issues (although the new ZS EV rapid charge issue is critical to have a proper update on) but instead talk about any upcoming stuff (new MG5?), any major updates we should be aware of and for sharing experiences (maybe someone with new ZS EV?) and so on… even the home Solar and battery storage topic was great a while ago and similarly maybe home EV chargers post OLEV grant and overall state of UK EV charging could be a topic.. basically lots of meaningful stuff to cover if we want to!

With regards to deliveries, yes indeed most manufacturers are having similar delays but the key difference being they are very transparent upfront and apparently are able to much better communicate and control/manage the whole process. Whereas MG seems to have totally lost it really with everyone (MG, dealerships, etc) providing random information with no real clarity what’s happening when and no transparency on the real state - basically your new car can arrive in 4-6 months or can literally come next week with no prior warning (yes this seems to be regular occurrence following this forum!). This really needs to be understood and sorted as number of frustrated MG customers are increasing by the day.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom