Mg hs phev: EV mode default

Piupiu777

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

According to the manual, the car suppose to remember the last mode of Ev/auto and to set it when you start the car. So if you stop the car when ev was enable you close the car and comeback later so when you start it EV suppose be enable.

I checked it with 7 different people and for all of them this is the beahivor but for some reason for my 2 weeks car it's not working and I need to enable EV manually.

I want to my local customers service and they don't know how to fix to.

Somebody maybe know what is the reason that it not remembered the last mode for me?

I have the same behavior. Ever morning, the car wakes up with EV mode off. At times it gets turned off within minutes. I have been discussing this on Facebook group and today I reached out to MG regarding this issue.

Mine is to say the least intermittent, I thought it has something to do with heating demand but only gut feeling, because I can normally enable it as I drive off and realise.

Mine is to say the least intermittent, I thought it has something to do with heating demand but only gut feeling, because I can normally enable it as I drive off and realise.
Same during the day I only realise it switched off when the engine kicks off 24 mph

Mine is always EV mode off when I start the car. EV mode entry not supported for few minutes then only after reaching certain speed I'm able to enable. Is it expected behavior?? Please advise

Definitely not.

Twice now (2 days in a row), the car started in EV mode with full battery, after 2 mins switched to Auto mode (with EV mode not available message) and wouldn’t let me switch until I restarted for next journey.

The car never stays in any of the setting I choice. Everything I have to going and reset the charging parameters and battery use. I have no idea when I am in eV mode of engine as that stupid humming sound never goes off its sounds like an electric motors bushes are warn out. .
Very disappointed in this car.

I always drive off in EV mode , it has never said "EV mode not available" .
Except for when I left the heating on 20°c from the last trip in hybrid mode.

My EHS also has a mind of its own when it comes to EV/auto ,.... Sometimes it remembers the EV mode when I get in the car in the morning. Sometimes it's on auto,.... But after every charge it goes into auto mode.

What I find absurd is tho....if I am cleaning my car.. and I open the door and the trunk...and let's say after 15minutes , I close the doors and the trunk.... The trunk beeps twice but doesn't close..... I have tp turn the ignition on and off and then it closes.....very weird.

Nope.... I just saw my fuel tank meter (petrol) going from 409 Km to 423 while driving on petrol..... So don't get.me started about the EV button...🤣

The same thing for me, really p++=ing the wife off, we do lots of short runs, empty the bin etc, and its a 50% chance of it working in EV mode, for that short run.
Should I have waited for the Marvel R?
But I still really like the car, much better than the I40 oil burner

Hello
you will find in the user manual that there are list of certain requirements to be met for the EV mode to work. If one is lost then it switch back to hybrid mode. Now the colder weather is coming you wil find it will start more in hybrid mode, but after a mile or so you will be able to go in to EV mode, But if one of the list is lost driving a long it will go back to hybrid mode.
As to the tail gate you will find that after a time the car goes to sleep and when it does that it times out the tail gate and just opening a door wakes up the car and the tail gate will close.

I have no problems whatsoever driving in EV , even at 5°c it drives in EV.....
I find the same, although I do have to check it whenever I start the car, and you can only drive in EV mode at 5C if you don't want demisters and heating etc. or the engine is already warm.

For me no matter what the car always start in auto mode and I need to enable EV manually.

I find 9 out of 10 times that it's been charged resets it to auto mode, however I just got into the habit of checking it as I drive off, then after that I can normally identifiy what I've done to reset it to auto.

I find 9 out of 10 times that it's been charged resets it to auto mode, however I just got into the habit of checking it as I drive off, then after that I can normally identifiy what I've done to reset it to auto.
Most admit I’m getting better at it too.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom