• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG HS PHEV plug in hybrid coming to the UK

gluke21

Novice Member
Reaction score
In December 2019 all the UK motoring press announced the arrival late this year of the HS PHEV. As I may soon be in the market for one I asked MG UK for information. All they would say was to keep looking on their website. Not really very helpful. Has anyone got any news of this which may help me and others out there?

MG just don't seem interested in customer support........I had a Hyundai before this and they never left me alone.

I would be more interested in an HS EV with a bigger battery and longer range than the ZS. Now that would interest me. Afraid you can keep the PHEV, just don’t see the point really

Seems to be about 47 miles of electric rage....If its like my PHEV, that is over optimistic. And when your petrol engine kicks in.....its about 40/44 MGP. on a long run plus petrol fumes. No thanks.

I too am awaiting for a battery upgrade option for our ZS EV.....................That would make me a happy bunny.🐰

We recently did a very long drive from Wick to Derby about 400 miles and 40 mpg is what we got. We didn't stop to charge, it hardly seems worth it takes as long to put it in, as it takes to use it up! 1/2 hour!

I think PHEV's have their place, local shopping etc, but not on any longer trips. That's where the BEV comes into its own. IMO of course.

My Mitsubishi PHEV has not been used for about 3 weeks......I always charge up the big battery when ever we come back from our short runs......this morning the 12volt was flat, charging it up as we speak.

I will have either use it more, or leave my smart trickle charger on it.

My problem is my cars live in a nice dry garage and I hate getting them mucky in the wet.......so the PHEV is nicely polished and clean and I end up mostly using the MG.:unsure:

I had that on my PHEV just before I changes it battery had completely failed only 2 years old. Luckily as the MG dealer is also the Mitsubishi dealer he replaced it under warranty when I traded it in!

I replaced my 12v battery about 2 years ago....but the car gets very little use.

I will have to make a point of using it on the next dry day, but to be honest, I just prefer to drive the MG....it accelerates quicker, it's more comfy over the bumps, it's easier to park...etc. etc.

In the Netherlands you van buy it already!! Nice car little bigger than the zsev .

Attachments

• IMG20210117133129.jpg
    IMG20210117133129.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG20210117133006.jpg
    IMG20210117133006.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 165
Is it true that PHEVs need to have the petrol/Diesel engine running in order for the heater and demister to work? If the car was used mainly for the sort of short journeys that could be done as an EV, much of the time in our weather you’d want the heater and demister on. If that required the ICE to be running it would rather defeat the purpose if the exercise.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom