• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG I Smart.

Edge76

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all.
So my App is binded and connects to car. Tells me if its locked or unlocked, I can see the battery life and expected range but if I attempt to use any of the remote functions i.e aircon blower etc. It just says remote control function failed try again later? Has anyone experienced the same and managed to fix it.
Cheers

Hi - there’s a few things you can try:

1 - try it at another location - perhaps the phone signal (for the car’s sim) is weak

2 - reboot the infotainment (press the physical “home” button for 10 seconds) - turning things off and on often cures many tech gremlins.

3 - ensure all updates have been run on your car (check with a good dealer) - you may be experiencing an issue that has already been fixed.

Myself I only experienced that a couple of time when I first got the car (a month ago) - but it has worked fine since, even before the myriad of updates that were missed by the dealer who sold me the car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom