MG iSmart app

Marc Nagtegaal

Standard Member
Reaction score
Eefde
Driving
MG ZS EV
There is a new app in the App Store from MG. You can register but to connect with your car you need a QR code.
I could not find this QR code anywhere on the car. I reached out to MG to ask about this.
A little searching on the web when I stumbled upon the following message.
Naar aanleiding van de Europese release van de MG ismart app, en het bericht in de groep hierover enkele dagen geleden, heb ik bij MG (via mgmotor.eu) de vraag gesteld over de MG ZS EV of er evt nog een app komt met als nodig desnoods een zelf betaalde hardware upgrade.

Daarop een zeer interessant antwoord gekregen:

"We are working hard to bring connectivity to all MG electric vehicles some time soon, as we understand that it is what our consumers have been hoping for. We hope that more details on that will be shared later in September this year. We will let you know through newsletters/news on mgmotor.eu"

Update later vandaag:

"Please allow us to apologize for some misleading info shared earlier.
The iSmart App is currently only available for the Marvel R. We do not know if or when it will also become available for all, including old models. But again, we do hope that we can update on that some time soon."

Attachments

• D803955B-B8EB-48B5-9BB5-3AFA2433E03F.png
    D803955B-B8EB-48B5-9BB5-3AFA2433E03F.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 755

Lovemyev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
North Wales
Driving
MG ZS EV
There is a new app in the App Store from MG. You can register but to connect with your car you need a QR code.
I could not find this QR code anywhere on the car. I reached out to MG to ask about this.
A little searching on the web when I stumbled upon the following message.
Naar aanleiding van de Europese release van de MG ismart app, en het bericht in de groep hierover enkele dagen geleden, heb ik bij MG (via mgmotor.eu) de vraag gesteld over de MG ZS EV of er evt nog een app komt met als nodig desnoods een zelf betaalde hardware upgrade.

Daarop een zeer interessant antwoord gekregen:

"We are working hard to bring connectivity to all MG electric vehicles some time soon, as we understand that it is what our consumers have been hoping for. We hope that more details on that will be shared later in September this year. We will let you know through newsletters/news on mgmotor.eu"

Update later vandaag:

"Please allow us to apologize for some misleading info shared earlier.
The iSmart App is currently only available for the Marvel R. We do not know if or when it will also become available for all, including old models. But again, we do hope that we can update on that some time soon."
I would try holding your breath to long, waiting for a working App !.

Dragan T

Novice Member
Reaction score
Sweden
Driving
MG ZS EV
Unbelievable that a car company can not have a working app for all new cars.

You can get working bluetooth for a small 5 $ gadget on your keychain, but not for a new electric car? !!

Confidence in MG as a competent car manufacturer is not improved by this. Nor does the confidence in the reliability of the remaining electronics.

ARealHuman

Reaction score
UK
Driving
MG ZS EV
The UK gen1 ZS doesn't have the hardware, so it won't work :-(

busa

Reaction score
la france
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Unbelievable that a car company can not have a working app for all new cars.

You can get working bluetooth for a small 5 $ gadget on your keychain, but not for a new electric car? !!

Confidence in MG as a competent car manufacturer is not improved by this. Nor does the confidence in the reliability of the remaining electronics.
But what you fail to realise is that MG is a good car, I bet if you went on other forums you would have the members making remarks about the cars on that forum, it certainly did when I was on Hyundai owners forum.
Plus MG is a budget car people keep forgetting this, if people are not happy that it doesn't have all the features of "luxury" brand then please spend the money else where.
I think your first post is a little harsh.

Cosmic Resident

Reaction score
United Kingdom
Driving
Not an MG
This thread dates back to July of this year.

iSmart is a product of 'here', and back in July MG's affiliation with 'here' was in it's infancy.

Things have moved on since then, albeit only on the newer MG models that have the necessary hardware.

suzybh

Novice Member
Reaction score
Chichester
Driving
MG5 EV
I have bought the "new" MG5 and it doesn't have the iSmart system. Very frustrating.

suzybh

Novice Member
Reaction score
Chichester
Driving
MG5 EV
This thread dates back to July of this year.

iSmart is a product of 'here', and back in July MG's affiliation with 'here' was in it's infancy.

Things have moved on since then, albeit only on the newer MG models that have the necessary hardware.
Nope. I just bought new long range MG5 this week... no iSmart. Booo

biffo

Reaction score
Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire
Driving
MG5 EV
I have bought the "new" MG5 and it doesn't have the iSmart system. Very frustrating.
The facelift model which appears in UK late 2022 (allegedly) will have iSMART, possibly the same Lite version on the new ZS non-connect models.

The MG5 Long Range is essentially the original MG5 with a bigger battery and MG Pilot rather than a proper ‘new’ version - more of a mid cycle revision.

Andy S

Standard Member
Reaction score
Burton On Trent
Driving
MG5 EV
But what you fail to realise is that MG is a good car, I bet if you went on other forums you would have the members making remarks about the cars on that forum, it certainly did when I was on Hyundai owners forum.
Plus MG is a budget car people keep forgetting this, if people are not happy that it doesn't have all the features of "luxury" brand then please spend the money else where.
I think your first post is a little harsh.
I sell cars for a living I've just swapped my Skoda superb estate for my New MG5 and so far so good the app should make it clear which models it's for simple my MG 5 sat Nav is a bit poor and paint quality on alloy wheels is really poor but budget brand and drives well.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG ZS EV delivery updates and MG5 refresh review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Top Bottom