Paul Rigby MG Redditch - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Please rate your experience at MG Longbridge (anonymous poll)

• 5 - Excellent

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 4 - Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 - Average

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 2 - Not good

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 1 - Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
This thread is for discussing Paul Rigby MG Redditch. Please ask questions here and share only your genuine opinions & experiences.

Note: it seems that Paul Rigby Longbridge has moved to Redditch, so the map and this thread have been updated.

View on the dealer map

Last edited:
Bought my ZS EV from Longbridge in September 2020. Competitively priced in line with the very cheapest brand new deals around at the time.

Had an unattended test drive in their demonstrator with little quibble - they took the keys to my shitbox 2001 BMW X5 as “security” which I thought was hilarious :D

Sales process was fairly typical - very little pushing of finance or optional extras that I wasn’t fussed about.

Car was delivered with all software updates without them even being mentioned - not sure if it was like that off the boat or not (could be either way really buying at that time)

No complaints. Paint is a bit crap, could’ve been prepared a bit better (buffer trails, swirls etc) but nothing to cry over.

They repaired my car after it developed a charging fault (just 9 days after delivery).
They loaned me a new petrol ZS automatic overnight, which then became 4 weeks when they found it needed a part from China.
Repair was completed a 2 weeks early than predicted.

It cost me £102 to have the comfort update completed - something the supplying garage failed to do.

Now booked in for BMS update.

So far found them friendly and helpful.

They repaired my car after it developed a charging fault (just 9 days after delivery).
They loaned me a new petrol ZS automatic overnight, which then became 4 weeks when they found it needed a part from China.
Repair was completed a 2 weeks early than predicted.

It cost me £102 to have the comfort update completed - something the supplying garage failed to do.

Now booked in for BMS update.

So far found them friendly and helpful.
Have you been given a quote for BMS update?

Last edited:
Booked my car in for rattling of roof and tapping noise. Next available is in 4 weeks.

Also they want £12 per day insurance for the courtesy car.... That's a first for me to be charged insurance from any dealer.

I think MG UK are aiming for the lower budget range especially given the way the UK dealers are and how they devalue their own product and service.

When I complained about my sunroof rattle, the Longbridge service manager stated that they normally creak. That was before he even checked it. I told him my aged Mercedes Paronamnic sunroof didn't rattle until about 80k miles. He replied these aren't the same. I said I don't buy that it wasn't rattling when I bought it, two months ago.

Then after the mechanic and manager both took it for a drive, the mechanic states "this is one of the better ones we have". And fobbed me off. If had paid 35k for a Marvel and it was like that or had remarks like that I would be fuming.

Really I'm just waiting for the Skoda EV then will probably part exchange.
My recent experience with Longbridge cross-posted from another thread.

I searched for a MG5 on Autotrader, found one at Paul Rigby MG Longbridge. Checked their website, yes it was listed there as well. Dropped in the following day and was shown the vehicle in question with the price being confirmed by the sales administrator. I said yes, lets talk turkey. Into the showroom where sales wallah decides he needs to check with his Boss. Oh gosh, the price has just gone up by 2K! The lower price was only for cash in March (This was on 6th April) and in any case, that one is sold.
OK, I'll be a mug and accept the 2K increase (which made it more in line with other dealers) and take PCP. Yes, there will be a PX but I don't have it with me today. No problem says Mr Salesman, I'll give you a target figure, just bring it in when you come to collect the new car and we'll adjust the figure accordingly. Target figure was £1500.
On the day of collection I took the PX and went to collect. Mr Salesman inspects the car (which was quite good condition for a 10 year old car) and amends his offer to £800. As I suffer severe anxiety this is getting me quite twitchy so I agree to the £800. Oh says Mr Salesman. Well I will need to clear it with my Boss who is not in until 4 days hence. "We'll just complete at the full price, then you leave the PX with us and Mr Boss will value it and refund the value in a weeks time." No, I'm not that big of a mug! I'm just left with two cars and only one insurance policy. I had to drive the PX home then phone my daughter who had remained at Longbridge to say it was OK to drive the MG home. As soon as the MG hit the road the insurance on the PX was void.
So I am not impressed with my dealings with MG Longbridge.

I will admit though that I knew there was a gearbox fault on the PX which I needed to clear from the ECU each morning. So I couldn't have left it with them to assess in any case.

I visited WeBuyAnyCar the next day where the assessor was really on the ball and told me that all the ploys used by MG Longbridge were standard car trade tricks so he wouldn't have got caught like that. Yes, he certainly knew his trade. Still paid £1200 for a car with a dodgy gearbox though!

However, my biggest mistake was letting my daughter drive the MG. She won't give it back! I still haven't had a chance to drive it myself.

Bought Paul Rigbys personal zs ev a couple of weeks ago for a good price and they're opening a new dealership near me which is handy for servicing,pleased so far.

Bought Paul Rigbys personal zs ev a couple of weeks ago for a good price and they're opening a new dealership near me which is handy for servicing,pleased so far.
Is it open yet? I think it’s where their Volvo dealership was/is? On Chester Road?

Where do I start.

Ordered a HS back in August. Really wanted the blue dealer called a few days later suggesting white would come sooner. So okay let's have the white. Quicker right? Right?

WRONG!
I've had zero contact from them without me making the calls. No updates. Original delivery date was November. Then early December. Then between Christmas & New year. February. 7th March we promise.

Then earlier this week I get told 29th march. Goodbye staycation. Saw a ship dock in portbury on the 10th ao gave them a call on the 12th, they confirmed my car has landed in the UK and delivery date is still 12 days away.

Don't mind me lads but I'm happy to do the hour and half drive down to Bristol to grab it. Honest.

If you're looking for good comms. Paul Rigby now based in Redditch is NOT the one.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom