• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG Motor UK delivers largest ever car shipment to Portbury Docks

Interesting read, what's strange is that I called up so many dealers asking about a new red HS PHEV a week ago. Most were quoting October, some quoted December, the worst one quoted in the new year. Surely if MG was delivering so many vehicles in the next week, the dealers should have known about it???

Interesting read, what's strange is that I called up so many dealers asking about a new red HS PHEV a week ago. Most were quoting October, some quoted December, the worst one quoted in the new year. Surely if MG was delivering so many vehicles in the next week, the dealers should have known about it???
Maybe they know how many, or few, HS PHEVs are on the shipment?

Yes I am sure. Durban highway came via a number of ports, Viking Sea came straight from Shanghai to Bristol
Don't read too much in to ships calling to ports on the way to a destination. Most of the time this is purely to bunker and take on food and is usually with the ship at anchor and not alongside. The only exceptions would likely be stopping at a port, close to the final destination, to unload cargo; ie delivering LHD vehicles to mainland Europe then RHD to UK/Ireland or vice versa.

I knew a guy who worked for a valetting company in the docks and all the cars coming off the ships had to be fully valeted and all their transportation packaging removed. He was mostly doing Lexus. So expect that to happen before it leaves for the dealership

In my case the dealer told me. To be honest I would think it has to be on the ground and accounted for/assigned to them before they'd have any information to give you, if that makes sense. They don't seem to have any info with regards to what's on the ship.

Basically until it lands its pure guesswork from the dealers perspective. That's what I've deduced anyway, could be wrong.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom