MG Motors have posted on Twitter the Cyberster - ME LIKE!

The "legend" being something like the MGB, weighing in at 1.2 tonnes. The return is a porker, at 1.8 tonnes, which is about what a Ford F-series truck starts at. Now, maybe all EVs are heavy weights right now.

I suspect MG will get bedazzled, and believe their own guff, and price this car too high. No one outside of China will get to drive this car until 2024 (curious, no European chassis development). By the time it gets to market, the Renault Alpine A110 E-Ternite will be there, and at 1.4 tonnes, will wipe the floor with the MG. MG might cut the price, but the damage will be done. No one will care about the price, only that its crap against the European competition.

On the other hand, MG might wise up and price it cheaply from the getgo. But they won't.

The "legend" being something like the MGB, weighing in at 1.2 tonnes. The return is a porker, at 1.8 tonnes, which is about what a Ford F-series truck starts at. Now, maybe all EVs are heavy weights right now.

I suspect MG will get bedazzled, and believe their own guff, and price this car too high. No one outside of China will get to drive this car until 2024 (curious, no European chassis development). By the time it gets to market, the Renault Alpine A110 E-Ternite will be there, and at 1.4 tonnes, will wipe the floor with the MG. MG might cut the price, but the damage will be done. No one will care about the price, only that its crap against the European competition.

On the other hand, MG might wise up and price it cheaply from the getgo. But they won't.
There are several very different sports car types. You are talking about hardcore sports cars like the Alpine and MX5 where everything is sacrificed to weight and handling in a Lotus-style homage.

There is a market for that but it is limited in size and appeal.

There is an as big or bigger market for larger, more comfortable and practical Grand Tourer style sports cars which MG is clearly targeting.

So it needs to be compared to what it is targeting: Jaguar F-type, Porsche Boxster etc...

It looks good but what puts me off roadsters you only see woman or old men driving them. WIsh they made the E-Motion instead

It looks good but what puts me off roadsters you only see woman or old men driving them. WIsh they made the E-Motion instead
Really?

Frankly, the "productionised" E-Motion looked like a 15 year old Jag (XK150 ripoff), so that would definitely have attracted the elderly. It looked old.

production-mg-e-motion-front-quarters-7683.jpg

production-mg-e-motion-rear-quarters-2e8d.jpg

seF57Z9BK7.jpeg

Really?

Frankly, the "productionised" E-Motion looked like a 15 year old Jag (XK150 ripoff), so that would definitely have attracted the elderly. It looked old.

production-mg-e-motion-front-quarters-7683.jpg

production-mg-e-motion-rear-quarters-2e8d.jpg

seF57Z9BK7.jpeg

Yeah it is rare i see guys driving them cars, like the porche boxer and range rover evoque i only see woman driving them and the front of the cyberster looks a bit girly but the rear and interior does look really good.

The E-Motion concept was better then the

Yeah it is rare i see guys driving them cars, like the porche boxer and range rover evoque i only see woman driving them and the front of the cyberster looks a bit girly but the rear and interior does look really good.

The E-Motion concept was better then the

Attend a MX5 pub meet. Its blokes kicking tyres and discussing turbos. I'm a bloke. Get out a bit more.

JD Power survey (US market) showed a 50-50 split male to female. Mazda US's own data indicates 66% male.
Aussie data indicated 66% male ownership from sales.

I suspect you are only gazing at MX5s, Evoques (kind of hard to see who is driving behind privacy glass) and "Porches" when you stare at females, and the brain isn't registering you gawping at male drivers.

Attend a MX5 pub meet. Its blokes kicking tyres and discussing turbos. I'm a bloke. Get out a bit more.

JD Power survey (US market) showed a 50-50 split male to female. Mazda US's own data indicates 66% male.
Aussie data indicated 66% male ownership from sales.

I suspect you are only gazing at MX5s, Evoques (kind of hard to see who is driving behind privacy glass) and "Porches" when you stare at females, and the brain isn't registering you gawping at male drivers.
Well all the Evoques i have worked on have been woman drivers. I would never go to MX5 meeting as i don't like the cars but if it is 50/50 the MX5 meet must have a lot of woman kicking tyres and talking about their hair. But i drive a stinger so most would say i am not a car guy.

Well all the Evoques i have worked on have been woman drivers. I would never go to MX5 meeting as i don't like the cars but if it is 50/50 the MX5 meet must have a lot of woman kicking tyres and talking about their hair. But i drive a stinger so most would say i am not a car guy.
You didn't read my post did you. 66% blokes. Meets are mostly blokes or husband and wives. Very few female members of the national club. Much like the MG Owners Club.

Retraining on electric cars now, or out of work soon? Not a car guy, but enough of one to be on a car forum.

You didn't read my post did you. 66% blokes. Meets are mostly blokes or husband and wives. Very few female members of the national club. Much like the MG Owners Club.

Retraining on electric cars now, or out of work soon? Not a car guy, but enough of one to be on a car forum.
Ah ok my bad.

I won't be out of work as i work on car electrics, i just can't touch the battery or motors due to warranty. I said most say i am not a car guy mostly from BMW and Audi drivers with their slow diesel lease cars as they look down on Kia.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom