MG pilot off.

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Can you turn MG pilot off without turning ACC off or do you have to turn it all off and start again to just get ACC back without pilot ?

The acc stalk is referred to as the bean stalk.

You cannot disengage mg pilot independently.

If you flick the bean away from you once it will disengage the acc system which includes autopilot.

However you only need to flick the bean towards you once, to re engage both acc and pilot.

I use this flicking the bean trick to give myself regen when in acc mode. When I’m about 0.1 miles away from roundabout (for example) I flick to dis-engage and reap all that sweet free energy.

I really hate the controls for the MG Pilot lane control. I've had the car a month and every now and then I find I've turned it on accidentally (I think by pulling the beanstalk towards me twice instead of pushing it up twice when I want to increase cruise speed) and then, as the car steering starts fighting me, I can't turn the thing off. The manual gives you several situations where you need to turn it off but doesn't actually tell you how to do that! Other than going to the info screen and scrolling through the options to turn MG Pilot off - but you can't do that safely whilst driving. Several times I've had to pull off the road and stop in order to do that, which is ridiculous. This really needs sorting out. It's alarming, driving a car that's fighting you for control of the steering.

If you have accidently turned on MG Pilot and wish to turn it off, simply give a hard press on the lower stick on driving column. It will offer resistance and click when it is fully off. Pull the stick back towards you once, it will also offer resistance and click when on again and you can select ACC with the button on end of the stick.

Note that with the stick in the fully pushed away position it is then possible to select Speed Limiting from the main screen.

Hope this makes sense.

Try this
IMG_20221005_202411_edit_1528599871169357.jpg

I really hate the controls for the MG Pilot lane control. I've had the car a month and every now and then I find I've turned it on accidentally (I think by pulling the beanstalk towards me twice instead of pushing it up twice when I want to increase cruise speed) and then, as the car steering starts fighting me, I can't turn the thing off. The manual gives you several situations where you need to turn it off but doesn't actually tell you how to do that! Other than going to the info screen and scrolling through the options to turn MG Pilot off - but you can't do that safely whilst driving. Several times I've had to pull off the road and stop in order to do that, which is ridiculous. This really needs sorting out. It's alarming, driving a car that's fighting you for control of the steering.
If you've 'accidentally' turned pilot on with 2 swift tugs then turn it off with one firm push back, no need to stop the car and mess about. It's quite a deliberate act required to turn it on.
Then pull it firmly towards you again to put into standby and then set the speed to activate ACC. If increasing or decreasing speed just remember it's speed UP or speed DOWN, not a tug. :)

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom