MG - Software, Upgrades and Diagnostics - Technical Server

Dundronin

Standard Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
MG UK needs to seriously raise its game and become an EV Technology company. Vehicle and Customer support are stuck in the dark ages with customers having to wait weeks or months to have an issue investigated utilising the archaic ‘garage’ practice of plugging the vehicle into limited diagnostics at the dealership which is not connected to MG’s technical server.

The dealership then has to raise a ticket with the ‘experts’ at MG UK to get assistance in resolving the problem. MG does not provide transparency about what issue of software is current for the vehicle nor does it seem to provide the facility for the customer to identify what issue of software is installed in the vehicle. The MG dealer does not seem to know what version of software the vehicle should have either and has to ask an 'expert'.

Many MG models lacked the integral ability to communicate or over 4G mobile phone app or WI-FI using a hub connected to the vehicles USB connector. If there had been greater commitment to ongoing product improvement and support it could have been provided subsequently. This would have massively improved communication and speed in the identification and resolution of problems. MG have been very backward in coming forward with these essential facilities to enable centralised diagnostics and software upgrades at home saving customers having navigate the overloaded and under resourced MG dealerships.
If MG vehicles only had to visit the service centres to have new parts fitted that had been already received by the MG dealer then visits would be shorter and parking spaces and courtesy vehicles would be more readily available.

Subject: Rapid charger connects but fails to charge.

Date:
26 October 2023 at 16:33:31 BST

To: [email protected]

I have been waiting since the 15th of Sept to get get my car investigated for the charging problem described below with my local MG garage as suggested by MG UK.
Howards have had the car since Tuesday the 24th but have been unable to make progress or get support from MG because they say that the MG UK Technical server is down and they (and every other dealership) are unable to raise technical tickets so I will have to make another appointment in another six weeks or more ?
Please could you advise how long this situation will continue, what action has been taken to ensure there is not a repetition of this situation and what contingencies are in place to maintain customer service in the absence of tickets ?
Regards
Dundronin

I collected my vehicle today - Friday 27th of October - No progress. My sympathy to the customer support staff at MG dealerships as MG UK continues not to provide a ticketing service or technical support.
They will get back in contact with me when and if MG UK clear their backlog of tickets.

Rapid Charger connects but fails to charge. It communicates to the extent that it can report the MG5 SOC but disconnects before charging. Seen this ?

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom