MG ZS electric drivers seat to fit an MG5?

Mitch AC DC

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, l might be thinking outside the box here?, but because l find MG5 drivers seat uncomfortable, and sitting in the grand-daughters MG ZS more supportive.
Does anyone know if an MG ZS drivers seat could be used to replace the MG5 drivers seat?
Is it a common complaint MG5 drivers seat cushion not long enough?, or is it only me?{longshanks}

I think the zs seat is higher so its worth measuring the height on the zs at the lowest adjustment and seeing if the mg5 can raise to that height and if you can see comfortably while driving. Also disconnect the 12v battery before and during taking the seat out the seatbelt and seat weight sensors may make the car upset if they are unplugged while it's awake.

disconnect the 12v battery before and during taking the seat out the seatbelt and seat weight sensors may make the car upset if they are unplugged while it's awake

Always good advice, it'll throw an airbag error at very least.

Is it a common complaint MG5 drivers seat cushion not long enough?, or is it only me?{longshanks}
Nope myself and three other MG5 driving colleagues all complain about the seat. I just find the whole driving position uncomfortable. I feel like the seat in my car is slighty wonky.
To start with it felt comfy but after a month the upholstery must have sagged and I notice all lumps and bumps.

Nope myself and three other MG5 driving colleagues all complain about the seat. I just find the whole driving position uncomfortable. I feel like the seat in my car is slighty wonky.
To start with it felt comfy but after a month the upholstery must have sagged and I notice all lumps and bumps.
GYMNLJY Car Seat Cushion with Comfort Leg Support Pillow, Leg Rest Extended Leather Cushion for Long-distance Driving For Cars Buses Trains Office Hom
GYMNLJY Car Seat Cushion with Comfort Leg Support Pillow, Leg Rest Extended Leather Cushion for Long-distance Driving For Cars Buses Trains
Hi, bought this for £16 on amazon. just did 220mls to Yarmouth and back, comfortable ride with leg support. it seems to be the answer for seat extension.
Update. Still much more comfortable. So I bought another one for passengers seat comfort, i.e. Me, as I sometimes get my son to drive { so I can have a drink or two LOL }

Last edited:
I manage a car dealership (not MG) and recently bought a 5, spent a day driving it and thought it would have to be sold straight away… the lumbar was torturous and left my back in tatters… our technicians butchered the drivers seat and removed a plate that pushes the lumbar out, and it has made the world of difference…

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom